𝘞𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘠𝘰𝘶

"𝗙𝗼𝗰𝘂𝘀 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗽 𝗶𝗻𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗻𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂. 𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗵𝗼𝗹𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗿𝗰𝗮𝘀𝗲."
-- 𝗨𝗻𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗻

✸ ✷ ✶ ✵ ✸ ✷ ✶ ✵ ✸ ✷ ✶ ✵ ✸ ✷ ✶ ✵ ✸ ✷

Silas walks into the cafeteria with people on both his left and right side. It was like he was famous. Everyone wanted to talk to him especially after hearing how he took down Kyler and his crew.

Silas walks to his table and turns to both the boys and girls that were following him. "Can you guys please leave me alone. I just want to sit with my friends, I won't ask again."

Once he said that, the group disbursed and Silas sighs happily taking a seat next to Eli dropping his tray down. He takes a seat, but before he could do anything else a girl approaches him handing him a note winking and walking away.

Silas opens the note and sees a number written down on it. He rolls his eyes and throws the paper on the table.

"What is it?" Demetri asks picking up the paper on the table.

"Her number." Silas says as he opens his pudding cup.

"And you don't want it?" Demetri exclaims looking over the paper.

Silas looks away from his pudding cup. "I'm gay."

"Yeah, right. I forgot." Demetri folds the paper back up.

"How could you forget?" Eli questions playing with his food.

"You're right, how could I?" Demetri smirks at his friend. Eli blushes.

"Because even though you're really smart, you could be really stupid." Silas says taking a spoon of his chocolate pudding.

"That's hurtful." Demetri places a hand on his heart.

"But true." Eli shrugs.

Demetri goes to speak, but gets cut off by another voice. "Is it cool if I sit here?" Silas looks up recognizing the voice.

"Ooh. Sorry, tables really blowing up right now." Demetri says sarcastically. "I can put you on the waitlist, but it's probably next semester at the earliest."

"Okay." The kid, Miguel says sadly going to walk away.

"Miguel!" Silas calls to him. "He was just kidding. Sit down."

"I didn't even recognize you." Miguel looks at Silas as he sits down.

"I could see that." Silas states leaning back in his chair putting his arm on the back of Eli's chair. "Miguel, this is Demetri and Eli." He points to them.

Miguel nods at them and Eli awkwardly nods back, Silas rolls his eyes and moves his arm to around Eli's shoulders pulling the boy closer to his side. "Eli is a man of few words, but don't let that fool you."

Eli playfully nudges Silas's side making the boy laugh, he does it back to Eli and just like him Eli laughs. They stop hearing the noise of heels tapping against the floor echo through the cafe.

"Dude, don't torture yourself." Demetri speaks up watching Miguel stare at Sam and Yasmine. "Those are the rich girls."

Miguel looks away from the girls. "Do you guys ever talk to them or..."

"Oh yeah, all the time. We hang out after school, make out, give each other hand jobs." Demetri pats Eli's back. "Eli here is homecoming king. Gets laid more than anyone. Isn't that right, Eli?" Eli just smiles widely.