𝘈𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴

"𝗟𝗶𝗳𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗼𝗼 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝘃𝗲𝘀, 𝗜 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗺𝗲𝗱 𝗼𝗳 𝗹𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴."
--𝗗.𝗝

✸ ✷ ✶ ✵ ✸ ✷ ✶ ✵ ✸ ✷ ✶ ✵ ✸ ✷ ✶ ✵ ✸ ✷

"Hey, Sam, Silas." Daniel calls to the twins. "Banana-rams chocolate chip pancakes are up."

No answer.

"Come on, Twins! You're missing out!" Daniel calls to them again.

Sam and Silas share a look as they walk out their rooms. Together they run down the stairs and to the door.

"Sam! Silas!" Daniel calls to his kids. They ignore him and Silas opens the door for his sister letting her go before him.

Silas turns back catching his father's hopeful look. He rolls his eyes and looks to his little brother. "Love you, Ant! Have a great day!"

"Love you too!" Anthony responds with a mouthful of pancakes. Silas chuckles before he turns around and leaves, slamming the door.

******

"So, that's it? No more karate?" Silas questions Miguel as they sat in the library.

"I guess so." Miguel shrugs not looking away from his book.

"It's probably for the best." Demetri speaks earning a look from Silas. "It was starting to boost your confidence."

"Isn't that a good thing?" Miguel tilts his head up to looking at Demetri.

"Yes." Silas speaks up not looking at them as he helps Eli with a math problem. "But according to Demetri over there, it's gonna be a no."

"Yeah because what has confidence ever gotten anybody expect for a black eye and their backpack thrown in the trash." Demetri glares at Silas slightly.

"It's gotten me very far." Silas smiles as he and Eli look away from their shared book.

"Well, I thought it was kind of cool how you and Silas stood up to Kyler." Eli says softly finally speaking up.

"Thank you." Silas smiles at him, Eli smiles back.

"Are you insane?!" Demetri exclaims. "Let me ask you. What is the best superhero anyone could have?"

"Super strength." Miguel answers.

"No, it's teleportation." Silas argues.

"No! Both of you are wrong." Demetri says. "It's invisibility. A distant second would be super speed to run away fast."

"Run away from who?" Kyler pops up sticking his head between Eli and Miguel.

"Whom." Brucks who was wearing a huge nose cast sticks his head right next to Kyler's. "It's the object of a preposition. Remember english class."

"Guess he's not so dumb." Silas mutters making Eli stifle a laugh as they got up and started packing, much to Silas's dismay.

"We we're just leaving." Miguel tells them rushing to gather his things.