𝘎𝘭𝘰𝘳𝘺

"You have a place in my heart, no one else could ever have."
— f. scott fitzgerald

✸ ✷ ✶ ✵ ✸ ✷ ✶ ✵ ✸ ✷ ✶ ✵ ✸ ✷ ✶ ✵ ✸ ✷

"Hey, mom." Silas knock on her work door. He had just gotten there and Robby was outside waiting for him in the car

"Hey, Si, baby." Amanda gives him a warm smile. "Come in."

Silas walks in and sits down, closing the door. His leg going up and down rapidly as he plays with his fingers.

"What's wrong?" Amanda notices her sons anxiousness. "You okay?"

"No, not really." Silas lets out a nervous chuckle.

"Talk to me." Amanda reaches over and takes his hand in hers, claiming him down just a tad. "Tell me what's wrong. I don't know if I can fix it, but I'll try my best."

Silas felt a slight weight lift off his shoulders. He knew telling her was gonna be easy, it just scared him because she was gonna be the first one he admitted his relationship too. He hasn't even told Sam or Anthony and thats saying something.

"Well, you know how I like boys right?" Yes, that's how Silas started. He didn't know how else to start and he clamps up when he's nervous.

"Yes..." Amanda gives her son a weird look. "Why? Is there someone? Is it that boy Eli? You know the one with the mohawk now, he had that scar on his lip and—."

"You're talking about Hawk and no." Silas says with a shake of his head.

"No, it's not El-Hawk or no there's not someone?" Amanda asks.

"No, it's not Hawk." Silas answers.

Amanda smiles widely. "Ouu! Then who is it? Do I know them? Are they respectful? Tell me!"

"I would, if you allow me to speak." Silas let's out a nervous chuckle.

"Sorry." Amanda calms down. "Continue. Who are they?"

Silas takes in a breath and looks down at his hands not wanting to see his mothers reaction. "It's Robby."

"Robby?" Amanda says in confusion before her eyes widen. "As in your fathers other student, you know as in his enemies son?!"

"Yup." Silas nods still not looking at her.

"You're father is gonna freak out when we tell—."

"We're not telling him." Silas stops her from talking further.

"What?" Amanda quiets down. "What do you mean we're not telling him?"

"Mom." Silas sighs. "Dad doesn't even know that I'm gay, imagine when I tell him I'm gay and that Robby is my boyfriend. He's gonna freak and he's gonna be just like grandma. He-He won't except me and he's not gonna look at me the same."

"You don't know that." Amanda takes his hand again making him look at her.

"Mom, grandma raised him." Silas gives her a look. "If she thinks that, Dad is gonna think that."

Amanda gets up and walks to the seat next to her son and she gently cups his cheek. "Your father would never ever look at you any different. You are his son. You are the same Silas he knows. It's gonna be hard for him at first, but he would never treat you different."

"What if he doesn't love me anymore?" Silas leans into his mothers hand.

"That's not gonna happen because your father love you more than anything in this world. You're his first born. His love for you will never die." Amanda tells him softly.