"I'm not defending him... I just think you should give him a chance to explain."

I stand from the chair, "Suki almost died, Daichi!" I whisper yell, "And it's all his fucking fault! Nothing he says will ever make this okay!"

"Aki–"

"I'm going to the cafeteria. Stay with her."

I wasn't even hungry.

I didn't want to eat, and had no appetite at all. But I needed to get away from him.

Why is everyone acting like this isn't some extremely fucked up situation?

Daichi has always been a rational person... but for something like this? With her? It just doesn't make sense.

I pull my vibrating phone from my pocket, "What do you want, D?"

"Suki's awake."

The second he says those words, I run to the stairs because the elevator would take too long, and by the time I reach the room I'm entirely out of breath.

"Suki?" I say, panting.

"Why are you out of breath?"

I chuckle as I rush over to the bed, hugging her, "Because I just ran up four flights of stairs, idiot."

"Ew, you're sweaty."

"I'll go get the doctor." Daichi says.

"Do you remember what happened?"

"Yeah. I OD'd."

I sigh, "Why did you take the drugs in the first place?"

"I don't knowww... I just wanted to have a little extra fun. And Emi gave them to me... she said they make her feel really good... so I figured what's the harm, y'know?"

"That was really stupid thing to do. Taking drugs from Emi of all people? That girl does hardcore drugs."

"I know... I really fucked up. But it's okay! Because I'm fine!"

"Suki... you almost died. It was really bad."

Her expression drops, "Oh..." She shrugs, "Eh, it's fiinnee. I'm alive, aren't I?"

I have to tell her where the drugs came from.

I don't even know if I'll be able to.

"Look, Suki... about the drugs... there's something you should know."

"What is it?"

Our conversation is cut short by Daichi and the doctor walking into the room, "I'll tell you later."

***

Some time passes by, as the doctor asks Suki a bunch of questions and has her vitals read, but he officially tells her she can be released.