I/II/V/VI) A Double-Feature

Twice as long as much usual thought dumps! Content Warning: Discussion of body horror

Teriyaki is like the weirdest category of food for me where I don't like it, but it still SOUNDS appealing whenever anyone mentions it. Vinegar is a similar thing. Maybe it's because I like the smell of both? Like, I know that if I were to consume them, they would taste bad to me and it would be a betrayal. But I still want it.

Usually I can tell who my favorite characters in things are based on their appearances or first impressions. I know that may seem shallow, but certain archetypes of characters tend to look a particular way. Like how I saw Hayes and went "Yep. It's him." With I Was a Teenage Exocolonist, though, I legitimately thought I would hate Dys. But whoops, I'm completely obsessed with him and with the lore behind his family and with the way he interacts with the rest of Vertumna outside the colony and with the adorable romance you can have with him.

I have definitely said this somewhere on my profile before, but Yu Ishigami is best girl.

Oh god a bunch of my apps updated in the span of a couple days and I am getting ANTSY about these new layouts.

My concept of body horror awakens after 10 pm. For most of a day, I can play and/or watch gory games, read gross crap, etc and be totally fine (aside from swelling, but that's a different beast for me). Even writing it can be a form of "ooh, interesting! Water hemlock poisoning!" or "Wait, the fats leak out of a person when they're burnt to death??? Wild!" But tonight I just got spooked and uncomfortable with the fact that I even HAVE a body that can do such weird and funky stuff.

Sometimes, when a particular song on an OST gets incredibly popular, I think I subconsciously consider it mid-tier. But like... only for boss music, it seems. Megalovania isn't nearly as good as Finale or Hopes and Dreams to me. Tee-Hee Time feels way better to me than World's End Valentine. Big Shot got annoying fast and I much prefer Attack of the Killer Queen and Smart Race. I know that when I was a kid, I pushed back hard against letting myself enjoy popular things, and while I'm a little more open now, I do still see myself doing it. Like... I utterly refuse to watch Arcane for absolutely NO reason, and I dodged the Squid Game craze like my life depended on it.

(Also The Dark Truth is such an underrated Deltarune track)

I want someone in my real life who knows me well enough to be able to know when I'm fangirling in public and trying desperately to hide it. Because that means someone is really paying attention to me and understanding my little idiosyncrasies.

I swear, my heart is beating to the rhythm of Glasgow Roaster right now, and that's not a good thing.

I truly dislike being near a house where a lot of parties happen. It's midnight! Stop yelling so loudly that I can hear you across the street!!

Just had a terrifying cockroach incident and now I don't feel safe in my own home

Realized that, even though I absolutely adore Chimon and Keiji, and even though some interesting parallels/dynamics can be drawn between the two, I've never written a scene with both of them, in canon or otherwise. The closest thing was the Boy's Night in Chapter 2, but every guy was in that scene. They hardly say anything to each other there, either.

I hate when, in games, a character tells a really long story and the main character falls asleep. ESPECIALLY when the first character says the story is IMPORTANT. It usually means that I myself don't get to hear the tale. Idk whether it's an excuse to avoid coming up with more lore, but it sure as hell feels like it. I want to learn more, and I want to be respectful! I'd NEVER fall asleep while someone older than me is telling a story.

Just did SHOCKINGLY well on one of those Intuition Test ASMRs when I usually do terribly. This feels validating.

God. Some of the lines in the Derek DLC are so fucking excellent.
Examples:
"I could've just been happy, the whole time." (This one is voiced, and it's heart-wrenching in the most delicious way)
"I love you, [main character name]. I want us to be on a team, to face problems together. Not because there was no one else, but because there is no one else."
"But... we made it. Through all the years and all the miles between us, we got back here. I think that counts for something."
There's also a really long one involving the Suarez brothers, but it would take a lot of context to explain.

I had a moment where I wanted to post something to the effect of: "I'm honestly glad I'm not in the Genshin fandom. Everything there seems freaking bonkers." I told myself, "Nah, I won't. That might be too mean." But then I got on Wattpad and immediately learned about Tighnari's VA. You can't blame me for not wanting to approach that game with a ten foot pole XD

To end this particular installment on a slightly happier note: Cami-Cat's voice is so distinctive. I literally clicked on an animatic, had it on 2x speed, and went "Is this Cami??" within 4 seconds (so, 2 in real time). It was, indeed, Cami! She's great and I love her covers. We love an IR alumnus.