I/V/VI) Compilation Part 4

The one where I did almost all of these today.

I don't know why I keep traumatizing myself with deeply unsettling games, especially late at night when I want to sleep.

I'm sure I must've said this sometime before, but the actual scene for "Ready As I'll Ever Be" in Tangled the series is astonishingly dedicated to sound design. Everyone is moving while they're singing, everyone is keeping busy. The sounds reflect this! The clink of metal as Varian puts down his welding mask, the sounds of him climbing the ladder, the sloshing sounds as he makes new serums... The TONS of sword sounds during Cassandra's verse... the muffle of fabric as Rapunzel grabs her father's arm! It's madness! They only really needed the mallet sounds, the frying pan, the horses, and the slamming trap door, but they went COMPLETELY above and beyond here.

Okay fucking wait. I just realized something. Spoilers for MLB Season 5, Episode 4, "Jubilation"

THEY DIDN'T NEED TO MAKE THE BABIES LOOK LIKE DAMN CABBAGE PATCH KIDS! THEY ALREADY HAVE A MODEL FOR A BABY BECAUSE THEY HAVE BABIES IN THE SHOW! That was a deliberate effort to create soulless babies for essentially no reason in the fantasy.

Spoilers over

Something entertaining about LDOD is that I never decided whether or not weird hair colors are actually natural in their universe. Sayuri canonically dyes hers rose, and Joanie's mint hair is a wig, but for some reason I'm solidly set on Yuu's silver hair being natural. I was so set on it that I gave Ayame the same color, and I don't think both siblings would choose to dye it the same way. But like... he's the only one???

Most of the time, Backyardigans songs were complete originals, but occasionally, they use a pre-existing composition and make their own lyrics. I was aware of most of them, but every now and then, I discover that a song ACTUALLY EXISTS out there in the world when it shows up in something completely unrelated. For instance, just discovered that "Bicycle Built for Two" is "Daisy Bell," a song recorded all the way in 1894!
https://youtu.be/PqvuNb8DevE
This is also pretty damn cool:
https://youtu.be/TXK_cE9AqAI

Following up on that, one of the unique quirks of my brain is that anything, and I mean anything, can somehow be related to a Backyardigans song at any moment, completely without warning.

The second Spy X Family OP is literally so beautiful in both song and visuals that I rewatch it a few times basically before every episode.

My little cousin asking me what a CD is was viscerally uncomfortable. How can CDs already be obsolete enough that nobody knows about them? I still knew about cassettes and stuff when I was a little kid! And obviously MP3 players!

I'm thrilled that after all this time, we're finally getting more Dragon Prince, but I'm so sincerely worried. I'm always very scared whenever series do timeskips right in the middle. Epilogue timeskips are fine, but midway-through ones? They either rock or turn the show into absolute SHIT. Update: so far so good, but also FUCK YOU for making flossing a thing, this reawakens middle school fury at people who mindlessly follow unfunny trends. It's a HIGH FANTASY WORLD. IT DOESN'T NEED MODERN-WORLD DANCE CRAZES FROM EARTH.

For some reason, my brain has just unearthed Charlie and Lola from the depths of my memories. Now I remember how much I wanted to try strawberry milk as a kid because of Lola loving "pink milk." I found it underwhelming once I had it, but still vaguely hold an affection for it because of that old cartoon. Also I'm rewatching some episodes just to see what it's like and it's super endearing???
Edit: OH MY GOD I FORGOT SOREN LORENSON, WE LOVE IMAGINARY FRIENDS IN CARTOONS <3333