I/III) Not Me Integrating Tabletop

Lowkey keep trying to think of LDOD in terms of Call of Cthulhu mechanics. Like, particularly key background connections.

Who would've lost their key connections at this point? I already know that at least a few characters have USED the thing that would essentially play the same role as a key connection. There are a few characters I can't think of anything for.

Gosh. It would be fun to run a tabletop RP of LDOD but with CoC mechanics... obviously the story would have to evolve and change based on the actions of the characters, but it could be really cool.

Honestly, it doesn't have to just be LDOD. Imagine running a tabletop killing game like DR or YTTD, and everyone can make their own characters? It would be like regular RP, but with skill checks and all sorts of other cool things.

I wish I had people in my life who would IRL tabletop with me... I wanna play CoC-killing game-mashup...

Update: Contains Spoilers for LDOD Chapters 1-4

When I wrote this, I wasn't only thinking about key connections. I was also thinking about sanity damage and all of the various things that would trigger Yuu. Not all of these things would actually cause a sanity roll in the CoC system, but Yuu and the rest of the group are teenagers with varying levels of sensitivity. So what he would consider traumatic might be a minor problem to some of the hardier members of the group (particularly Chimon pre-Ch.4 Body Discovery).

Obviously, witnessing dead bodies leads to sanity rolls. I would say that since none of these people are used to seeing corpses, even a success would cost at least one point of sanity damage, but he probably failed at least one roll and took more damage pre-Ch.4. It would probably be Hachi, since it was his first time seeing a dead body. Nari's execution, Keiji's death, and Joanie's death were likely all successes, costing a point each.

Sayuri's mental manipulation and the realization that he probably could've saved Keiji in Chapter 2 led to a failed sanity check costing a few points.

Since he has mild-medium germaphobia, Wakumi spitting on him was a probably a succeeded check.

Sayuri and Bisque's executions both led to failed sanity checks, and they took a lot of sanity points each. I would also argue that at least one of them would've become his key connection, so he'd also lose a point or two from losing his key connection. (And also, he'd miss out on that sanity-regaining benefit until he can find a new one.)

Post-Ch.3, he develops a phobia of direct physical contact, probably in the mild to medium range. So, essentially, it doesn't scare him nearly as much as sunlight scares Ren, but each subsequent time he gets touched, he has to make a check (probably with varying degrees of success).

Tozen snapping and nearly ruining Sayuri's journal was a succeeded sanity check.

The humiliation of the tea incident was a failed sanity roll costing only a few points. Remembering his past during meditation was a succeeded check.

Hearing Kana and Monterio's conversations about him was a failed check costing quite a few points. At this point, he's definitely already had temporary insanity at least once, and we're starting to border on indefinite insanity (I know that's not how CoC mechanics work, but I don't care.)

Killing Kana cost him MAJOR points, and so did seeing Monterio's body (though not quite as many). He got indef insanity, but I can assure you, he rolled low for the length of time it'll last.

And so here we are.