CHAPTER 37

Chapter 37

                   Jahnoi's pov

Spending a week on the container ship was certainly enough for me, I was so glad when the aircraft came and got us off. Jasper and Razor was in awe when I tell them that Demar says that was how he travels back and forth out of the island without being detected. A few hours later we landed on the water beside a beautiful yacht called Bella Dean, I was impressed and ready for my training/adventure.

I could hardly believe that I was actually in Africa when we reach shore, the place was so beautiful and the air was fresh. Demar took us to a restaurant and I wasn't sure what we were eating but the food smelled and tasted so good I ate everything I got and drank the tasty black plum juice. All I wanted afterwards was a bathe and a good sleep and I got it, but the next day We drove for hours across beautiful country sides, through towns and over wide bridges to a forest in Clarens Free State.

Why had I never learn to set up a camping tent before I thought embarrassingly while Demar sat on a chair with his arms folded looking at us. I was utterly tired when we finally get everything set up only for him to say he needed firewood to cook, I look at him as he began issuing out orders for some of the chappas to go and look firewood, dig a hole for a toilet, carry bottles of drinking water from the vehicles to the tent he was setting up to use as kitchen and to the two African men he directed to erect a small fence before night.

Everyone move off leaving us standing there looking around until Jasper fetch a machete and went off in search of firewood. I look at my hands that were already dirty and looked chippy, then went in search of my bags to put in the tent I'll be sleeping in. I spewd a couple claates after having to use my foot to press the pump to pump up my bed, I swear Demar had done this on purpose. With all his modern tech skills di bredda choose to carry only a foot pump to pump up the beds.

I was sweaty and hot and wanted a bathe so I went and ask him. "Yow bro, wey mi a guh bathe?"

He rotate his neck and I heard several cricks has he stare at me before answering. "Tools ina di truck dem fi yuh build di bathroom and walk wid a bucket to di left until yuh find a river."

Razor and I went and we did find a river, we bathe then fill the buckets to carry back, but I couldn't bother to carry water from suh far so I hissed emptying mines and walk back to di camp with the empty bucket. "Who yah suh fuck man or a tek fuck from man?" Demar ask upon our return.

No one answer him and so he says. "Firewood suppose to pile up in a dah tent here fi use fi cook, every body wey guh river guh bathe supposed to carry back a bucket of water and throw ina dah drum dey fi use wash plate, hand or face. If di drum full di bucket can put down beside of it, yuh never know when yuh might feel hot ina di night and waan tek a quick wash off. Don't wait pon me fi clean up meat, cook or duh nutn, cause mi nuh affi eat."

Jasper took the duty of washing all the plates after we all ate and Razor went to help him. I went and spread out on my bed with my gun under a cushion I was using as a pillow, only to can't find it the next morning when I awake. Neither Jasper nor Raxor could find theirs either and I was told Demar had gone to catch some sleep about an hour ago, because he had been up doing night watch. I waited until he awake two hours later while we sat having breakfast and ask him if he had took the guns.

He tell a chappa name Quenger to teach us to pass the gun, I've heard the term a lot of times but was surprised to learn how to actually do it. After two hours of physical exertion I was ready for something to eat and drink again and then relax, but training was just beginning. By the end of the day I wanted to go back home to Jamaica, to send to a fast food outlet for some food to eat, bathe and relax but I was assign to cook over the wood fire.