CHAPTER 35

Chapter 35

Biyone's pov

Rovena my new friend lent me her book and I wrote off the notes I had missed, it wasn't a lot but it was valuable and I'm happy that I have obtain it. There are only women in my class ranging in different ages, a few of them are friendly while the others act like they were in some sort of competition. Classes were only kept on Tuesdays and Thursdays and I always look forward to going. I've also learn a lot about which jobs I can work at with the certificate and which further course I can do to have more job options.

I made the appointment for an ultrasound and Rovena accompanied me, it didn't matter which gender I was pregnant with but when it was confirmed a boy, I was all about my son. Rovena was excited because she had a one year old son and she enquires of my baby's father. I've been avoiding it since we been friends but I knew it was only a matter of time before I had to give some kind of explanation.

"I leave him in Kingston before coming here, he was very abusive and I don't like talking about him. I rather just forget about him," I tell her hopefully she will never ask again.

She sighs and ask. "Suh no form of support from him?"

I shook my head from side to side and she says. "My son father supportive, mi mada never want mi fi guh live wid him because a family yard, but suh far things a'right, mi keep to miself and nuh too up ina him family dem."

"Keep it same way suh it better fi yuh," I encourage her.

I purchase a baby blue bath set and the last set of maternity things that I'll be needing, the time seem to be going by so fast and soon I will be in my seventh month, I don't want to be unprepared if the baby came at seven months. We went into KFC afterwards and I purchased two boxes of Fry chicken and fries for us. We stood at the taxi stand and waited for Delly's taxi to come, but after more than half an hour he still hadn't so we took another and Rovena ask the driver to drop me off first before dropping her off on the next road.

It was strange to not see Ms. Bloomfield look out or come to assist me, I took up the bath set from off the pavement and kick the gate shut after entering. Still no sight or sound of her, she must have gone out I thought but she didn't say she was going anywhere so after opening my door and putting down the things, I went to check on her. Her place was locked up and so I called her phone just to make sure she was gone somewhere.

"Biyone mi soon call yuh back and don't leave the house again, lock di gate di padlock dey pon di grill and lock yuh door," she tells me lowly then ends the call.

  I quickly do as she says while my mind conjured up all kind of thoughts why I seem in danger. I didn't bother to open the windows as I usually do to allow in fresh air, I push the bath set under the bed with the things I purchased in it, wash my hands and ate some of my KFC chicken and fries. I bathe afterwards and reply to Jalan's text of him now a father of a baby girl.

Ms. Bloomfield came sometime in the late evening and tell me that Delly was in the hospital, his babymother had trailed him in another car and stabbed up him and a pregnant woman. She says if it wasn't for the woman's husband coming out of the yard he had stopped at and was letting off the woman they both would have been dead. She had dropped everything and race to the hospital in panic when she got the call, I was so shock at the news and realizing that I had been the intended target.

Delly's mother who was her sister was flying down from the States and supposed to be here in the morning. His babymother was on the run and my life may be in danger because she must now realize that she had attack the wrong pregnant woman that someone had told her Delly was involved with. Ms. Bloomfield further tells me that she has given a statement at the police station and hope the police catches her. She was so scared she didn't want to go around to her side of the house, I hardly slept that night while she snores tiredly on the other side of my bed.