CHAPTER 10

Chapter 10

Biyone's pov

"Telephone grabbed his gun from his waist just before they were attacked, that's the only way I see it," I say as me and my brothers talk on a video call with Jahnoi.

One week later..

  It was just a week short of a year ago since we had to run for our lives from Matthews lane, now we're doing the same thing and going back to the same place we ran from in order to save our lives. With everything packed and ready to go, I still can't believe that instead of Jalan getting a better place to rent, we are actually moving back to Matthews lane. Everyone else except me agrees that it was for the best, that we can work and save and try to get a house in a more rural community.

"Now a nuh time fi upset Jahnoi or complain. Yuh hear him sey him a guh buy yuh di dresser wey yuh sey yuh want? Stop talk bout wha people a guh sey from wey dem nah guh sey, yuh business wid people?" Daddy shouted at me as I grumble every now and again that people will be chatting us.

I was glad that we arrived at night, so that I would not have to see the surprise on anyone's faces. The house has been repainted and cleaned, the fridge and stove taken out just like Jasper was told to do and he was here now helping us to move in. The beds were indeed strengthened and rewrap awaiting the new mattresses, the cupboards cleaned and sprayed. I help my mother to unpack the kitchen items and get the things in order there, before going to my room and organizing my things as best as I can.

I sighed deeply as I walk to the clothes store I have been transferred to Monday morning and saw Likkle-Miss standing at the front of the one beside it. She didn't say hi to me and I kept my gaze away from her as I stood in front of the store and waited for the Korean owners to come and open up. Her name has been called up as one of Jahnoi's woman and she and Keila had fought one day as we walk home from school, I hate to think that I'd be joining the list soon and my feelings for him deterred.

Jahnoi's pov

With Keila sporting a small belly bump rumors were bound to start circulating that it was mine, I had only look at her and hiss when she told me, I had no time to even business who she was breeding for as I plan my brother's set-up and funeral. I was overly busy with doing my own private investigation of his murder, searching his room for important things I will need to handle carefully and watching my head.

I knew everything there is to know about all his extortions and political dealings, all his money matters and other important things. What I didn't know about was Den-den's clothes I can't seem to find anywhere in Theous's room, yet she keeps coming over wanting to go in there to collect them. I was beginning to feel like Theous's death was more than just a set up and so I tell Roxy to appoint someone to go and do any biddings my mother and sisters wanted done out of the lane.

With Telephone being hailed as the new don of Matthews Lane, there was a tight tension within the lane. He went about appointing the shottas in different categories from what Theous had them in and no one wants to make an argument with him. I didn't like the setup he had for my close shottas so I told him not to appoint them directly until after Theous's funeral. Why he thinks he'll be appointed the donship I had no idea, but that is traitorous ass was not going to celebrate this years Christmas.

Roxy didn't even find a panty for Den-Den after I had her search Theous's room high and low, I had her and her girls clean and change it up packing all Theous's clothes in barrels and putting them in the washroom/gym area. I am never going to get use to him not being here, his untidy ass always had his stinking socks strewn around in there. Now after packing everything away I still find another dirty pair of his socks behind the washing machine, I took it up and threw it in the garbage bag and a piece of folded paper fell out as I wipe at my tears. I open it and read. Him meet up with the new don from Chancery lane 12: 45 am. Mi have di money send S fi it.