CHAPTER 17

Chapter 17

Biyone's pov

Jah-Nine, Jahnoi's uncle was openly displeased when he saw my dad's hand, he apologizes to my father for his nephew's acts and asks that it didn't affect their friendship. Him and daddy spoke conspitorially about the incident inside the living area and he ask why Tee-Tee looked so much like Theous, when Jahnoi who has been extremely busy came in and call me babe he accused us of taking him for an idiot good naturedly.

"Top e noise nuh. How yuh miserable suh?" Jahnoi tells and ask him.

Jahnoi lifts Tee-Tee and carries him over to him and say. "Uncle meet Theous's secret son."

"Secret?!" Jah-Nine asks looking from both of us to my dad.

"Yes. Dis mean sey yuh fi kip yuh mouth until mi sey him outta danger," Jahnoi tells him seriously.

Jah-Nine's eyes widens and he look over at me in a confused manner. "A nuh him mada, a mi 'oman. We e talk bout it," Jahnoi tells him and went into my room.

"Later," he says on coming back out and went away.

I did not see him again until Saturday morning when I was going to work, him and his cousins were standing near to the lane entrance beside the big cloths with his brother's picture printed on them. He smile when he saw me and pull me to him as I was walking by him. "A me and yuh sleep last night? Yuh nah nuh manners?" He ask wrapping his arms around me.

My lips were taken in a firm unsuspecting kiss and I wanted to scream at him that we were on the road, but my tongue was being sucked from my tonsils. "Oh my God," an american accent says and I could only stare at his throat in embarrassment when he release my mouth.

"Mi love yuh hairstyle, it fit yuh. Have a great day," he says releasing me.

"Thanks you too," I say turning to hurry away and nearly collide with Timera.

"Hey boo," she say with a little smile.

"Morning," I say attempting at a smile then sailed out of the lane without looking back.

I was self conscious until I turn the corner and was out of sight, I laugh a little as I continue on my way earning a weird look from a woman purchasing things from a vendor. My bosses arrived two minutes after Likkle-Miss passed and bounce hard into me, I wonder if she had seen Jahnoi kissing me and if he had kissed or greeted her in any affectionate way. In any case wey she a bounce pon mi fah? Mi nah guh live like dem ino. Never.

"Jahnoi nuh carry none a dem go a him yard, suh when him call yuh guh. Not even di foreign 'oman dem ever grace him bed, tell mi a tell yuh wey mi sure bout. If a nuh Godzilla, Keila a breed fah, a Hell-Fire e yer." Jalan had told me Wednesday morning.

"Dat a if a nuh one a dem else," Kemar had added.

In the afternoon Kemar called me and I a went to him, I collected the bags, took the money as if it was my change, gave him two hundred dollars back from it, thanked him and then leave quickly as he had instructed me to do. I carried them inside the store I work and look at what was inside them. Two big packs of curry powder, three packs of salt, four pounds of granulated sugar, a five pound pack of Alberto white rice, some hundred packs of plastic forks then at the bottom one dozen and half foil papers.

We had a few of those back at home so it must be for the setup tonight, I've helped Jalan to cut up, clean and season up about a hundred whole chickens the night before. It was a good thing I had bought the braids and let Tyrel do my hair on Thursday night, everyone says it was done so neatly. In the other bag was two hardough slice white bread, foam plates, soup cups, liquor cups, a large bottle of sangsters rum cream, two bottles of white rum, three power energy drinks and six cans of supligen.