CHAPTER 3

Chapter 3

                       Jahnoi's pov

  A caan hang shi hang up pon mi I say in my head while I check the internet connection, I look across at the modem on the wall and shook my head in disbelief as embarrassment flood through me. As I sat there on the couch holding a meds my other phone started ringing in my room and I went to answer it, it stop ringing as I took it up and I saw that Samoye my American woman was the one calling. I waited for it to start ringing again then I answer.

"Yea babe."

"Hey boo, what's up?" She ask with excitement in her voice.

"Nutn, mi dey yah," I respond already caan badda wid di chatting wid har, caz she ever a tired mi phone and mi ears.

"Didn't you saw some miss calls and a text message from me?" She ask and I sighed.

"Yes I did, but light did gone di whole day yesterday and mi phone battery did dead," I answered and lied.

She sighed and then said. "I book my flight to come in two weeks time."

"Tsk! Fi come where? To who?" I ask aggressively feeling cross.

"Why do you always behave like this?" She asks sounding on the verge of tears.

  I really can't deal wid har an' har crocodile tears right now ino, I thought crossly. "From when mi tell yuh sey mi need two solar panel fi guh pon mi house my girl? Yah a book flight fi come yah come tired out mi back, den yuh guh wey back a foreign to yuh man dem an' lef' mi a suffer like dog," I ask and said.

"Which man dem?" She ask starting to cry before I could finish speaking.

"You always start an argument then makes it seems like it's my fault, why you always got to be this way?" She says while crying.

  I took a deep breath and kept my anger in check then tell her. "Yuh always a book yuh flight without first consulting me, right now it nuh convenient fi yuh come until me say it is and nuh call back mi phone if yuh nuh send di money fi buy di solar panel dem. Because yuh have money fi book flight and come Jamaica and mi tell yuh sey, yuh nuh supposed to come unless yuh have five grand U.S fi gi mi fi mi pocket money, a grand U.S fi mi buy grocery fi restock mi kitchen and three grand U.S fi wi sport.

"Don't I know that? Did I say I didn't have enough money to come visit you?" She ask getting in a temper.

"Hi! Don't raise yuh voice offa mi! Don't get bright! Tsk," I shouted into the phone at her with a hiss.

She was on the line quiet for a good three minutes before she says. "I'll call you later or tomorrow I love you."

"I love you too bye," I say like I mean it.

   I need to activate back the caller ID ringtones, so I don't even have to look on the phone when it rings if I didn't want to talk to the person. Lazily I went into settings and do it, then got up and went out to the small area at the back me and Theous use as gym and wash room. I felt handicapped with my broken left hand but stretched and step unto the thread-mill as barefooted. After that I did a couple leg presses, then I was trying out some one hand push ups when the scent of Theous's cologne penetrated my nostrils and the hairs on the back of neck begins to raise.

  I knew he was behind me and I felt uncomfortable, why the hell did he have to want to use in here now? I ask in my head just before he kick my feet and cause me to fall flat on the floor. Why dis crosses come a fuck wid mi and know mi nuh ina him God? I ask God in my mind before turning over, balancing myself and sitting up seeing his ugly bloodclaate leaning on the washing machine.