CHAPTER 9

Chapter 9

                   Jahnoi's pov

  Knowing how tired Jalan and his family were, I had Jasper carried up two big pots and we cooked a large pot of rice and peas, fry chicken and curry goat. Kelm came up and made a vegetable salad, we pack them in my car when everything was ready and I carry only Jasper with me that evening. A sleepy Kemar came and open the gate for us and then went to wake the others, as Jalan exclaims how good of a thinker we were to bring food and begins sharing.

"Finey knock out," said their father Endz-Man and yawned widely.

"A she alone in dey?" I ask him.

"Yea," he reply and I went to the door and poke my head inside.

  I was surprise to see that they were actually sleeping on mattresses on the floor and felt a little embarrassed. I went in and crouch down beside the mattress where Finey was sleeping. I pecked her cheeks and touch her arm and she opened her eyes. She blinked lifting her head from off her pillow and stare at me with wide eyes for a few seconds, I chuckle at her expression then stood and went out with her staring after me.

Seeing only a few boxes of things from the loot I ask Jalan as we sat alone. "Yuh tek out some a di things dem fi uno self as mi tell yuh?"

"Mmn-uh, mi have bout four hundred and eighty grand and mi full back both trucks gas tanks," he answers then tell me.

"You and Kemar tek thirty grand each, gi Finey, yuh mada and fada twenty grand each and gi mi di rest. Mi a guh pu'dung dat until weekend, however much uno mek guh pon it and mi a guh gi Theous it fi share. Fucking Telephone a ask Theous as him come back bout 'wha a gwane fi di things dem?' In front a di man dem ino, yow Theous mur him wicked. Tsk, a guh sey 'him just a ask cause tru Theous never sey nutn and man and man a ask,' every man step wey lef' him. Yuh waan si di shame dog a apologize and a look bad pon di man dem," I tell Jalan and reasoned with him.

"Dem man dey betta watch dem head right now, cause Telephone come in like him wired like Flow network, a bag of commercial and good service in di beginning, then start malfunction until people fed up a it," he says meaningfully.

"Dawg mi caan like di man nuh time at all, is like mi just waan step pon him bumbo rass a tru yuh don't even know. Tsk," I tell him expressing my dislike for Telephone.

I collected the three hundred and sixty grand from Jalan and went away with Jasper to my house uptown. We look in both trucks and I was extremely pleased with what I saw, me and Jasper reasoned while taking some of the things from out of the truck that can go into my kitchen and bathrooms. I lock them in the back bedroom we pack them in and then we took out a few items to be shared among ourselves from the food truck before locking them back up and leaving.

The next day Kelm took back the rental car and I sent him and Godzilla to tell the truck owner that he'll soon get back his trucks, it's not like he's using them at the moment anyway and just to convince him that his trucks were okay. My gun doesn't itch on informers so he better not snitch, he's a thief himself and does a lot of dirty jobs. I tell Finey when we talk that night, that she should take out some more food stuffs and things for themselves before selling the rest.

A couple gunshots sounded close by and I went downstairs as I hear running through the lane. "A wha gwane?" I ask Cutty-Ranks who was just walking past.

"Dem sey Roxy get shot up a while a guh pon Princess street," he reply and I walk with him down to the lane mouth.

"Chancery lane split ina two, top and bottom a war, mi tell everybody dat yestidey. Man a guh dead fi hungry round a dat watch me and dem, worst if mi nuh get back Orange Street," Theous said with a angry vexed expression.