CHAPTER 33

Chapter 33

                   Biyone's pov

  My bosses tell me that they had to let me go at the end of the fortnight and apologize, I ask them if I could get my pay before the week ends so that I could sort myself out and it was lodge into my account on the Friday evening without a dollar extra. I woke up early Saturday morning bathe and got ready, I ensure everything was in my already packed bag and ask Delly to come and pick me up at ten, when I know they both will be up and planning to leave their child on me to go wherever, or back inside their room for the whole day until six in the evening.

The look on their faces was priceless, when I tell them I got another live in babysitting job even though I tell the persons that I was pregnant. I tell them that I had to go today or else I would lose it and apologize and leave as Delly came. I would miss Juanique she was so sweet and I hope that they get another babysitter that would give her the attention they do not give her as parents. Except for when they made Tik-tok videos with her, they ignore the child completely and leave her in my care.

  I will not do that to my child, I've seen what neglect can do and I won't ever let that happen to my precious baby. I ask Delly which of the furniture stores in town as the best furnitures and he gives me directions on the two best ones  in his opinion. I explain to him that I wish to stop by and see if there was anything I like because I'll be needing a stove, he was very courteous in escorting me to them and help me to choose a good brand.

   We exchange ideas about furnitures as we went back and forth between the furniture and appliance stores and when I was finished choosing I paid for the stove, a double door refrigerator of the same brand, a seven drawer dresser, a chest of drawers to match and a set of cookwares. The foreign woman money came in handy and I collect my change from the U.S currency equivalent.

  Delly negotiates the price the delivery truck driver was charging me and after we settled at a reasonable price the truck was loaded and he got the direction. "Yuh ready?" Delly ask me.

"Ahmn, gi mi bought twenty minutes ina dah wholesale dey," I reply telling him whilst pointing to the store a short walk away.

"Okay mi a guh park out a di front," he informs me and I hurry away.

  It was good that I had familiarize myself with the town, I ordered the food stuff I wanted quickly in one wholesale then went to another two stores away and order the three sets of cotton sheets and curtains that I had written down the price of only weeks ago. I was struggling out with the bags when Delly walk up to me and took the shopping bags. I got in the back of the car while he place them in the booth with my bags of clothes and other possessions and then we were on our way to my new place of residence.

  I took in the view familiarizing myself of the way there. Ms. Bloomfield came to help me with my bags and Delly directs the men on where to place the furnitures and appliances on  my behalf. "Thank you so much, I truly appreciate it," I thanked him.

"You're welcome," he says with a smile.

"Sorry to take up so much of your time, now how much do I owe you?" I tell then ask him.

  He seem to be thinking for a minute before he says. "Mi like fi si ambitious woman pay mi two grand,"

  I was a bit taken aback but quickly collected myself and gave him two thousand five hundred dollars. "Does taxis run past here or do I have to walk down to the bottom of the road?" I ask him.