CHAPTER 5

Chapter 5

                    Biyone's pov

  From two nights ago that I had to help maneuver and push in five large deep freezers and heavy cold boxes of seafood of all kinds, nuggets, fries, meats, hot dog breads, burger breads and all kinds of other food items, I've been cooking and filling our bellies. Jalan had went and bought a big two door fridge the following day and we had packed it with all that could hold inside it. Me and my dad had to be rotating the things from the freezers in the day and night time so that nothing defrosted out and spoil.

  The many extensions were plugged into the thieving electric connection and Jalan said we should keep the front door lock as if no one was here. He wakes up early every morning and lit the shrimps bags and other rubbishes that were in the kitchen bin and any tin things he took away with him when he leaves for work and dispose of them.

  I was glad for the phone and the fifteen grand Jahnoi have given me, but worried that he would soon ask mi to go to a motel with him. My daddy has told me that his sister tell him over the phone that the men had broken and cleaned out the seafood store, Theous wanted back Orange Street under his territory. It was always like that ever since I was a kid, at seven years old I witnessed the first murder and I was taken to the don at that time Theous's father Java for questioning.

   Jalan came home early that evening with a brand new deep fryer, he ask me to help him season about four pounds of slice king fish and four jumbo bags of shrimps. Mommy came home carrying a bag of an hundred big food boxes, plastic forks, napkins and a hundred banned scandal bags. Jalan put a bag of frozen mix vegetables to thaw and when Kemar came home with two big pots in a box, they started to cook.

A text from Jahnoi fulfills my suspicion that he was coming. Hey sweets, yuh want mi to bring anything for you?

I think hard before replying to his text. A case of Minute Maid or some kind of fruit juice would be good.

I could not think of anything else that was suitable to tell him to bring at this time of the evening, I showered and fix my hair in a frizz out up do. Pulling on a sleeveless dress that stopped right above my knees, I push my foot into my flip flops and went out of the room as I hear his car at the gate.

"Come here Finey," Jalan calls me.

He hands me a marker and says. "Write up dem box yah fi mi."

Daddy came into the kitchen with Jahnoi and Kelm behind them. "Ahh," they and my brother went as they bump fists.

"Miss not suh fine anymore," Kelm says and I offered him a nervous smile.

  He walk off back to the front leaving Jahnoi talking to Jalan and my dad, he came back a few minutes later and place a case of Minute Maid beside the fridge then went away again. Jahnoi pinch my side and I look up into his intriguing face, Jalan tells me to write on another food box and I look away from him. Kelm came and place a case of big Tropics drinks on top of the case of Minute Maid drinks, then step aside and Jasper put a case of Grace Tropical rhythms on the top of them.

   Jahnoi took my hand and pull me outside in the backyard to talk while everyone else eat in the house, we went to a corner and I was drawn into his arms. His cast hand felt like a piece of board resting on my back, while his right fingers lift my chin to look up in his face. Without warning his lips were on mine, teasing at first then I was being crushed to his chest and my mouth being devoured. It felt nice and when he pause then begin doing it again, I did the exact same thing he did to me.