What happens in Vegas

"Um hey..." he softly smiled a bit thrown off.

"Hey are you okay?" He said with the free hand Zayn didn't drop, on his shoulder.

"We're uhhh gonna go inside." Camila, who plays Veronica, said.

"Yeah just uh- yeah!" Madeline, otherwise known as Cheryl pointed inside embarrassed.

"Nice to see you Zayn." Lily, or Betty, smiled to him as she squeezed his arm then followed the group. She first met him at the New Year's party. A couple of the guys patted KJ's shoulder on the way back in. Soon it was just the two left, along with a few drunk people around.

"How have you been Zayn?" He moved to the railing.

"Good and uh- you?" He fidgeted with his left earring.

"I've been alright. How's the bachelor party?" The man said as his brow shot up. He pulled out a cigarette and lit it.

This reminded him of his time at the party nearly a year ago

This reminded him of his time at the party nearly a year ago. Precisely a year ago he didn't even know about the contract. He was a different person. The things he was feeling at the time, wanted, dreamed of.

"That bad that you had to come out here alone?" He quirked.

"No not bad. I've just been running into a lot of... people today." Zayn tilted his head, and scratched the back of it. Even he was confused.

The silence fell between them as he dragged his inhale out. Zayn just looked down onto the street again not sure of how to continue.

"Are you happy Zayn?" He leaned over the rail right next to him. Glancing to him without an answer, he didn't know how to form it.

"Genuinely happy with all of this." He searched his eyes.

"I..." he drug out.

"It's okay to not be okay with this you know." He looked off into the distance. The smoke left his mouth softly.

"I mean I wasn't at first. Then things just happened and yeah." He said. Deeply he was trying to convince himself. "You uh- haven't told anyone right?" Zayn cautiously asked.

He chuckled a little. "Don't worry. Your secrets safe with me. It's not uncommon. See it a lot in LA too. I know we spent very little time together, but I wouldn't do anything to harm you Zayn." He said putting out his bud then facing him.

"Thank you." He slightly smiled to him.

"Of course. I just really hope you don't do it because you have to, but because you want to." He assured a couple of inches apart.

Zayns head was spinning and not just from the comedown of the alcohol. It was the conversation from that morning, also the one with Doniya, seeing KJ again, The Contract, his parents and Geoff, plus all of his thoughts that he pushed down pertaining to Liam.