Time flies

Weeks later Zayn and Harry took off to LA for spring break. As much as he wanted to leave and follow Zayn, unfortunately Liam had to stay behind. After all he had a whole company to run.

The relationship between them was going well. It was like seeing two lovesick teens trying to keep their hands off each other. They just couldn't. Anytime they spent apart consisted of back and forth texts. In fact, they even practically moved in with each other. Liam had some of his belongings at Zayns, and vise versa for the model.

A call from Niall interrupted his music on the way back from lunch. He pressed the button on his steering wheel and answered the call. "Hey Niall what's up?"

"Hey... so sorry to bother, but I just got off the phone with your father and he was asking some things about the contract." He apprehensively said over the phone.

It had been two months since they came out in the public eye and a month now that Liam confessed his true feelings to Zayn. If he was being honest with himself in that short amount of time he forgot all about the thing that brought them together, The Contract.

"He's asking about the details for the engagement." Niall said with caution in his tone.

"Why?" Liam said coldly. He still, to that day, only spoke a few words to the man. He's the one that wanted Liam to straighten up and he felt like he had. All that has been said in the press was nothing but good things. If he wanted to know something then why not ask." Liam thought.

"What was he wanting to know or what?" Liam got frustrated. While he knew the reason he was in this position was his father, he couldn't help but feel protective over his and Zayn's now relationship.

"When we planned on doing the proposal and the time frame between then and the wedding. Niall let out quickly.

"Why would he... He said he would leave all that up to us why the hel-Sorry Niall." Liam said pinching the bridge of his nose and tapping the steering wheel.

"It's okay I get it. I just thought you should know." He said 

"Thank you for telling me. I'll talk to you later after I have a word with him." Liam said as he ended the call making a sharp turn on the next street.

A short drive to the less populated, suburban, part of London later, he pulled up to his childhood home. With his spare key he let himself in and stormed up to his fathers office before being spotted by Karen reading in the sitting room.

"Well hi Liam. Are you okay?" She asked looking up from the book.

"Hi sorry mom. Dad in his office?" He huffed out.

"Yes he is bu-" she began responding but he turned and walked up the steps.

When he came up to the door he didn't knock before walking in. Geoff was on the phone and looked surprised to see him. "Hey I'll call back I have client wondering about that new development. Yeah bye." He hung up the phone. "Liam... to what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Why'd you call Niall?" He said blankly as he sat across from his father.

"I was wondering how far along in the process you are." The man said leaning back in his chair.

"But why? If I remember right then you said that process was up to us." He said as his nostrils flared, something he did since he was a kid when upset.

"Well... yes that's correct. Are you going to keep treating me like I'm the bad guy or are you going to listen to me."

Liam shifted in his seat. "Go ahead."

Geoff stood up and straightened his suit while starting to pace. "I know all of this was really thrown at you and for that I'm sorry... probably doesn't mean anything to you, but I will say I'm impressed. The past few months have been good in terms of headlines.

"Is that all you care about? Headlines?" Liam shook his head.

"Liam please." Geoff sighed. "No it's not. I know you two signed with Niall to help appeal to the media and keep up this image and it's going good, but how are you and Zayn truly?"

"Okay I guess..." Liam tightened his jaw. While he relaxed a little he still felt the need to be on guard.

"Everyones seen how you've changed the past few months so I'm guessing it's not just okay. I called because I was curious when you planned on having the wedding. I didn't think you had an idea so I called your manager." Geoff asked sitting clasping his hands together.

"I only asked because there is a contract year from the date signed. I'm sure you read over it and might've missed that with how angry you were when all this happened."

"I gave it to Niall which I guess that's why he gave us a year time frame." Liam sat back in his seat thinking about the contract. He read it through and through but his father was right. He was in his own little world at the time that he didn't catch it so he's sure Zayn didn't either.

"I honestly wish there was something I could do to extend it but I can't. Its already filed and to undo something like that takes lots of legal resources, some that might just come out and expose your relationship... it wouldn't look good. You have to get married before then or I have to come back to the company. I do see that you're happier now though because of him so I'm glad and for what it's worth I think you make a good CEO. The company's in good hands. I just thought I'd see where you were on that aspect." Geoff said

For once he felt like his father was being genuine. For so long he tried to resent his father but he always knew he was only wanting the best for him and his sisters. It meant a lot that Geoff said that because he always tried everything he could to please his him. Still processing what he was just told he got up.

"W-well thank you I uh appreciate that... I have to talk with Zayn and Niall about it." Liam said with a distant look in his eyes. He got up and walked out before his father could say anything else.

He didn't know how he would bring it up to Zayn. Yes, they agreed to the contract and Niall's plan but they were so caught up with their then situationship now relationship, that it felt like they were truly dating and found each other, not just because of some contract.

He knew Zayn had more of a harder time than he did when they first learned about this. The past month was going so good and he was nervous about reminding Zayn about the contract.

He drove back to the agency deep in his own thoughts when a message from Zayn popped up on the center console screen. "Just landed headed to the hotel🖤" the message read. With a smile he activated hands free voice to text function and replied with a "Glad you made it safely. Goodnight Z🤍" he knew the flight was around 10-12 hours long plus LA was behind so it was around midnight over there.

With a sigh he pulled into his spot and thought about the moment they signed the contract to now and everything in between. He's managed to fall for the boy he grew up with while in the chaos of basically being betrothed to him, all in the span of a few months.