74: You Did What?!

Someone asked me what the girls look like... so  this is how I imagine our famiglia!

No matter how tired the bambina was, she thoroughly enjoyed the thumping of the music, being on the stage, the colours of all the lights... the blissfulness of just dancing, the moving of the body to the music... Lucia could never get enough.

———

Sarah had an idea.

A brilliant one, in fact.

It was probably not one that her moms would love... but this was not an impulse decision by any means. The redhead had been thinking about doing this for quite some time, and the teen decided that now was the time to do it.

She was going to get a tattoo. The teenager had somehow come to the conclusion that getting one before she was of legal age, was the way to go, and Sarah was so... so so excited!

Fortunately, her moms had not noticed Sarah's planning, but unfortunately, their youngest was beginning to concern them.

Lucia had gotten more quiet, and it only became apparent why after she sneezed in Carina's face on accident, and then woke up a couple days later with a raspy cough. They knew that because of the trauma from years ago resulting in an emergency splenic removal, Lucia was more prone to getting viruses and bugs, and much more apprehensive about going to the hospital.

Carina hoped she wouldn't get the cold, but not even the Italian was that lucky, getting the same cold several days after.

Thus began the sick process, which meant taking time off of work and school. The two sick beans were quarantined in Maya and Carina's bedroom, with a humidifier on constantly. The first day was miserable; no one wanted to eat, everyone was blazing hot with high fevers and everyone was pitiful.

Both Lucia and Carina were happy to be together, capitalizing on all of the cuddling, but still... it sucked when they felt this ill.

Luckily, Maya's persuasion powers worked wonders; the blonde gently encouraged both her wife and daughter to consume some food.

"I made some chicken noodle soup," she coaxed, and picked up the spoon of Carina's small bowl. "Nuh uh!" Lucia protested, nuzzling her head back under the covers, and Maya sighed. "Okay, we will try later, Lucia. My love, come on," she prompted, and Carina hesitantly opened up her mouth, and the blonde spooned some soup inside.

With only slight difficulty, due to her sore throat, Carina swallowed the mouthful. "Good. Good job, babe," Maya praised, and the Italian opened up, the blonde repeating the process until the bowl was mostly empty, and the Italian refused any more.

"I'm very proud of you, my sweet," Maya whispered, pressing a kiss to Carina's cheek.

"Grazie mille," the Italian replied softly, grabbing her wife's hand.

"Is she asleep?" Maya asked, but before the bambina could answer, she began coughing loudly and raggedly, and it took a minute or so for the little blonde to stop and catch her breath.

Maya met Carina's eyes, both of them looking horrified. "Fuck," Maya whispered as Lucia began to sob.

———

From that first cough in the bedroom, things went downhill. The coughs went from once every twelve hours or so, to once every six, to once every hour, to once every twenty minutes. While Carina suspected a lung infection of some kind, this seemed extreme, and both moms assumed that it was due to her fragile immune system.

These coughs weren't just one and done, either. Each coughing session would take a lot out of the bambina, and both moms felt incredibly helpless watching Lucia attempt to catch her breath between coughs, panting afterwards.