70: One Day at a Time

Super quick; I made a station 19 fan acc on twitter! Go follow me, I want to meet and chat with more of you. My user is
@ capdelucabishop :)

———

The fact that Sarah had just won the battle she had spent blood, sweat and tears over was everything to her, and knowing her fallen family could rest easy, finally at peace, brought so many emotions up, so many that it was overwhelming. But her moms were there, their arms holding Sarah steady. Their love would always be there, would always anchor her, even in the craziest of storms. Feeling their arms supporting her, keeping the redhead upright, was the reassurance she needed to finally breathe.

Sarah could rest now, in the arms of her famiglia. Safe and sound, at long last.

———

The trial was over and done, which felt like a miracle to the group. Micheal and Colin Dixon were both arrested, and the FBI launched a thorough investigation into the cover-up that the Seattle Police Department committed under the former police chief's instruction. The Dixons would face the maximum sentences possible; Colin was hit with fifty eight years in prison, while Micheal got eighty three years, which felt like they got justice.

Due to the fact that the trial had been televised, Annie had issued a statement on behalf of the Bishop-DeLuca family, asking reporters and journalists to give the family some space. While they were happy about the victory, they (especially Sarah) needed time to process the events that had occurred during the trial.

One other thing they hadn't been anticipating was the support that the community showed. Because the trial was televised, the Bishop-DeLuca family began receiving flowers, cards and messages from well-wishers.

Annie issued a follow up statement thanking everyone for their generosity, adding that the family would prefer donations in their name instead, naming several charities that could benefit with donations; Grey-Sloan Memorial Hospital, Planned Parenthood, and the Trevor Project to name a few.

As expected, the family then received cards from the various organizations thanking them for the significant contributions made in their honour.

On another note, their luck couldn't be better. Carina had received a call from the contractor that she had hired when she had bought the cottage, and to their delight, it was finished. So, both moms took several weeks off, packed up their things and whisked the family away to the cottage for a week. After all, they needed time to process things.

Their cottage was already a dream come true; they named their cottage after the wolf, which was an Italian symbol of strength and pride. It was already being given the Italian translation as its nickname; il lupo.

Carina had coordinated with an interior designer, and everyone could agree that il lupo had been decorated excellently. It was a bungalow with high, elegant ceilings. It had three bedrooms; one for Maya and Carina, one for the girls to share and a guest bedroom.

The moms' bedroom was comforting yet beautiful; a large bed, with nightstands on either side. Plants were on nearly every surface of the room, and the walls were filled with photos of their wedding, family and more significant memories. It had a trunk filled with blankets, a dresser for each woman, and a comfortable armchair where someone could read a book from the large shelf next to the chair, filled with books on every subject.

Meanwhile, the kids' room was the biggest. It housed two bunk beds, and a queen sized bed, which the girls currently shared. There were more than enough beds, but given the dramatics of the trial, they had sleepovers each night. Lights were strung all across the ceiling, which gave the room a comforting rainbow glow at night. There were several large bookshelves housing books, trophies, photos and more, as well as armchairs for reading (in which Moose liked to occupy himself in). They had two dressers, and chests at the end of each bed, which housed extra blankets.