29: Family Outings

"Carina and Maya have so graciously agreed to help us have a baby... and as of today, Carina's pregnant,"
The cheers were started once more, and glasses were raised to the future of Travis and Emmett, their baby to come, to Carina's generosity, and the group starting a new chapter of their lives.

———

School was officially done for the summer for everyone.

Sarah had been volunteering at the fire station, while Katherine took care of Lucia on the days that both moms had to work. They did something called "Grandma camp", where Katherine would arrange different activities for each day; like going to the library, the park, or even to a farm. Sarah would tag along on some of these events, but the majority of her time was spent at the station, as a receptionist.

But this particular weekend was Sarah's first soccer tournament of the season.

On Saturday, the whole squad came to one of the games. Maya was kneeling on the blanket, acting as a propping device for Carina to lay down against, cradling her stomach. While the Italian was almost a month in, she still couldn't believe it, and was always stroking her growing stomach.

The only people who were more excited than the two wives were Emmett and Travis, who had their hands full attempting to entertain Lucia and Prue. Colouring books were strewn on the grass, as well as snacks, toys, dolls, anything to keep the kids busy. It was a herculean effort, given the attention span of the two girls.

Jack was mimicking Maya's actions, so that Andy had a place to lay down. The Latina was looking much more pregnant, as she was officially more than half way through her pregnancy, and moving quickly. "What's their team called again?" Jack asked.
"The Seattle Royals," Maya answered, playing with Carina's hair.

Dean and Vic were sitting on their lawn chairs, chatting as they sipped their coffee. While it may seem unusual for the whole squad to attend, it was family, and you showed up for family. "Bubba!" Prue shrieked, smacking her toys together before getting up and attempting to run on the field.

"No!" Travis gasped, sweeping the toddler up in his arms, tickling her before setting her down back on the blanket. The littlest Miller was giggling as she was swing around. Except, she now thought it was a game. It took a lot of effort between Travis and Emmett to stop Prue from running on the field, most of which was made through bribes.

"Chica, come here," Andy called, and Prue ran over to her aunt eagerly.

"Guess what, Prue? Tia's got a baby in her tummy," Jack explained, and Prue knelt down. They could see the gears turning in the toddler's head turning as she clutched her bunny. "Tee-tee baby?" Prue asked, looking at her aunt with big, curious eyes.

"Yeah, sweet P. Tee-tee's having a baby," Andy replied, her eyes sparkling. Prue put her ear to Andy's stomach, and frowned when she didn't hear anything. She then patted her aunt's stomach. "Hello? Baby?" she asked.

Unfortunately, Prue was scared when the baby delivered a sharp kick to near her hand was resting, her little brown eyes filling with tears as she ran to Jack's embrace for comfort. "Baby's just saying hello, Prue. No need to be scared," Jack consoled as Prue's lip wobbled.

———

Meanwhile, Sarah and her team were warming up. They sat in a circle, doing their stretches. The teen could hear Prue screaming in excitement, and Lucia giggling as she yelled out in eagerness. The teen smiled to herself.

What was making her nervous is that these were new teams that she hadn't played before, so she didn't know what to expect. Sarah normally ran through every possible scenario, their strengths, their weaknesses... but this was new blood. She had to just go for it.