39: Vacation to Disneyworld

"Love you more," Maya whispered, and the Italian shook her head. "You most," she protested. "Impossible," Maya replied groggily. She didn't hear her wife's response before she slipped into a deep sleep.

———

Weeks passed since the birth. 

Little Andrew was doing well, and was already keeping his dads on their toes. His curly blonde hair and blue eyes were adorable and entrancing. Travis swore that his son would inherit his famous freckles. Carina was healing well, and enjoying her time off.

Before they knew it, Lucia's birthday was fast approaching. Maya and Carina had talked about a big trip, just for the four of them to celebrate both of their girls' birthdays. 

They were indecisive when one night, the blonde sat up. 

"I've got it," she whispered. 

She looked over at her wife, who was illuminated by the moonlight. She was sleeping peacefully, both girls wrapped in her arms. Maya gently stroked her wife's face until the Italian's eyes fluttered open. "Mmm... what time is it?" Carina whined. 

"Disneyworld. That would be the perfect trip," Maya whispered, a smile on her face, and there was a period of silence as the Italian processed her wife's words. 

"What?" Carina asked with a yawn.

"Our family trip should be to Disneyworld. Lucia's in love with anything princess related; and Sarah never got to be a kid. It's perfect," Maya insisted, and Carina paused, thinking to herself and nodded. 

"You're right, bellina. That's perfect!" She gasped with a grin. Maya gently leaned over Sarah and pressed a kiss to her wife's lips, and laid down next to her girls. Carina's hand found Maya's and the two fell back asleep.

———

Needless to say, the two girls were ecstatic. Lucia screamed so loud that Maya thought Moose was going to have a heart attack. Sarah cried an alarming amount and then the family was set.

Maya had made a list for everyone to pack, she was tempted to laminate it but was caught by Vic, who laughed so hard that she made herself cry.

The blonde had to watch Lucia to make sure she actually packed essentials, as the bambina had walked into the living room, presenting her suitcase filled with toys and declared herself finished. 

"Done!"

Then, they were off to the airport, with everything double and triple checked. While both girls were not fond of airplanes, the moms were prepared for every scenario. The five and a half hour flight flew by; with a mix of reading, colouring, going over the trip and talking about if Donald Duck and Goofy got into a fight, who would win.

"Have you seen Donald Duck? He would totally win!" Sarah said with a giggle.
"Mmm... I feel like Goofy would surprise you," Maya replied with an eyebrow waggle, the two bursting into delirious, jet-lagged laughter. Carina was reading a story to Lucia, bouncing her on her knee. The two were essentially sharing a seat at this point. All was calm, which was lucky for them.

They arrived in Orlando and made their way to a bus, which whisked them to their resort. They were instantly in awe of Florida; the palm trees and flowers were ones that drew Lucia in.
The staff alerted them of a crocodile in the swamp nearby, and Sarah was ecstatic to see it, to both moms' dismay.

"Alrighty, girls. What do we want for dinner?" Maya asked after they got settled in their room.

They decided on traditional American pizza, which Carina looked at with disgust. They ate it in their hotel room, watching whatever was on television. But to them, it didn't really matter. They chatted about their day tomorrow and how excited they were as they ate.