12: Unexpected Reunion

"Someone tell me what the fuck is happening, now!" Maya called into the radio loudly, her heart twanging in her chest. What could it be? Was everyone okay?
"Captain... I don't know how to explain this..." Jack began, but Andy cut him off.
"Bishop, there's...there's pictures of you in here,"

"There's- what?" Maya stuttered in disbelief, her brain struggling to comprehend what her best friend had just said over the radio.

How... This was some random person's house... why was there pictures of her in there?

"Yeah, that's totally Maya," Jack confirmed, picking up the frame, and the wheels in the captain's head were turning quickly. What in the flying f-

Before she could fixate more on that, Dean rushed outside, carrying a victim. He placed her gently on the ground, where Warren sprung into action.

"Hi, my name's Ben. Can you tell me what your name is, and what hurts?" he asked gently.

"M-my name is F-F-Fiona. M-M-My arm a-and my lungs h-hurt. I must have passed out in there," the woman replied, dazed. Dean confirmed that he had found her unconscious on the floor, burns covering her left arm.

"You're going to be just fine. These guys got here just in time," Ben assured with a comforting smile, while Travis led out a little boy.

"Wesley!" Fiona cried out. The little boy, with floppy brown curls and stunningly blue eyes ran over to her. His eyes looked exactly like Maya's.

How odd.

Vic tried to start helping the little boy, but he pulled away with a nervous cry. "Wes is autistic. Physical touch is hard for him sometimes," Fiona explained. Wesley played with a spaceship and an astronaut while leaning against his mother.

"Well Wes, my name is Vic. Wow, that's a super cool spaceship! Do you like spaceships?" Vic asked in an enthusiastic voice. The little boy nodded, not meeting her eyes.

"Can you tell me if anything hurts?" Vic tried, but he didn't respond, still focused on his toys. They didn't have very many calls with autistic patients, but luckily the Crisis One program had taught them that dealing with patients who were on the spectrum meant you needed to think outside the box.

Luckily, Vic only exclusively did that.

"Can you show me where it hurts on your super cool astronaut?" Vic asked. Wes paused, thinking about her offer and pointed to a few places on the doll, like his right leg and upper chest.

"Thank you for showing me. Can I put this mask on you? It's kind of like a space helmet, it gives you oxygen while you're in space," Vic explained. At the prospect of a space mask, Wes nodded eagerly, and Vic looped the wires around the boy's head. He pointed to his ship, and then to Vic, like he was showing her his toy.
"That is a super cool ship!" She agreed, making small talk with Wes to keep him entertained.

Maya shook herself out of her thoughts. She couldn't afford to be distracted. There was something about this call that just made her on edge.

"Gibson! What's the status of the blaze?" Maya asked, and Jack was quick to reply to her question. "Just extinguished the last of it now, Captain," he reported. Andy made her way out, meeting Maya's eyes. Everyone was stuck on why there would be a picture of Maya in this house.

Could she have had a relative that they didn't know about?

Just as they were prepared to leave, having nearly loaded Wesley and Fiona into the aid car, a car screeched to a halt, and a man ran out.

"Fiona! Fi, thank god you're okay, where's Wes-" an oddly familiar voice called out, and instantly, Maya's body froze in place.

"Mason?" the blonde echoed in disbelief. She felt herself being rooted to the spot. She felt her heart drop, felt it skipping a beat. Anguish radiated throughout her brain, seeping into her body.