33: Hormones

Andy smiled as she nodded, Vic wiping the Latina's tears and stroking her arm. With her siblings and family surrounding her, Andy leaned back, Dean taking her son into his arms as she closed her eyes once more, letting exhaustion bring her to unconsciousness.

———

Since Andy was still at the hospital, the Bishop-DeLucas had the job of taking care of little Raffie, their nephew. Maya and Carina would take turns getting up to feed him, Sarah occasionally helping while Lucia liked to watch. They were delighted to spend any and all time with their nephew.

He spent most of the time sleeping, and Maya couldn't help but watch him. He was so small, and so adorable.

Sarah spent so much time cuddling him, gently rocking him back and forth, and Lucia would squeal whenever he wrapped his little hand around her finger.

The little noises he would make when they would come and wake him for food... It never failed to make Carina cry. The Italian was crying a lot these days, as her hormones were flying out of control from her pregnancy. She'd often cuddle with Maya, or whichever daughter was closest to soothe her, or Moose, who was alarmed at the intensity of her emotions.

The Bishop-DeLucas visited the hospital daily, bringing Rafael so Andy could see her son and that he could continue his checkups with his paediatrician, Cormac Hayes. Andy was growing impatient; she wanted to be at home with her niño but as Carina and Miranda so eloquently put it, her complete recovery would ensure that both Hererras could be at home together.

Meanwhile, the girls had officially started school; Lucia was going into second grade while Sarah was going into tenth.

Their first drop off was difficult; Carina was absolutely sobbing while dropping Sarah off, her hormones running wild. Normally, drop offs would be hard, but with the hormones, they were amplified exponentially.

Many teens gave the Italian confused looks as both the blonde and the redhead attempted to reassure the very distraught Carina.
"She'll be fine, Car," Maya soothed gently.

"I'll tell you all about my day when I get home, okay?" Sarah reassured softly.

"Y-Y-You're growing up t-t-too fast," Carina choked, and Sarah wrapped her arms around her mamma tightly.

"I'll always be your baby" she whispered, causing fresh tears to begin.

Sarah had to go to class, as she didn't want to start the year off being late, and Maya wrapped her wife up in a tight hug, pressing gentle kisses to Carina's face until the Italian had calmed.

It took several minutes, but neither of them cared. "Are you okay now, babe?" Maya asked softly, sweeping away one of the Italian's tears. Carina nodded as she hiccuped, nuzzling her face into Maya's neck as the blonde gently led her away.

———

So, the Italian made the very wise decision not to come to her youngest's drop off, as she knew it would be much more difficult. The two women met in advance with Lucia's new teacher, Mrs Elise, who was the most polite and gentle woman they'd ever seen. She was incredibly patient with Lucia's nerves.

Despite the two getting along in their meeting, Lucia was still a puddle of tears, begging her mom not to leave her and firmly hugging Maya's leg.

The blonde was glad that Carina didn't come, as this was incredibly difficult for the blonde.

After much persuasion, cuddles and hugs and the promise of more cuddles after school from both Maya and Katherine, the littlest blonde headed into class, with Sun holding her hand tightly. "Good lord," Maya sighed as she started the car, driving Katherine home.
"She'll be okay, Maya. No matter where she goes, she thrives like a determined flower in a garden," Katherine replied in a calm voice.
"I know. It's the weeds I'm worried about," the blonde said.