51: A Much Needed Intervention

TW: Mentioning of SA. This is the last heavy chapter for a while, so don't worry!

In the darkness, the blonde's hand found her wife's, and they intertwined tightly. "Our daughter was raped. My attacker didn't face justice. Our daughter's will," Carina spat. And face justice he would.

———

After Sarah fainted, Maya came to the decision to take Sarah to therapy.

The redhead had initially shut that idea down, but now it wasn't going to be a choice. The blonde had sat next to her daughter in the shower, and tapped the floor to get her attention, knowing that this was the safest method to get her awareness.

"Sunshine, we're going to therapy today," Maya broached, and Sarah's eyes flashed with panic, but Maya continued, her voice gentle. "I know you don't want to, but as a mom... I need to overrule you. Mamma and I are so worried about you, honey. I know you're making improvements, and we are so, so proud of that, but we need to consult a professional. We'll make it a group session, and I promise, you will not be alone. We will be with you the whole time, okay?"

The redhead let out an irritated sigh but nodded. She knew she needed help, and knew they needed to do more.

Carina knocked on the door to alert them she was there. "I brought you some fresh clothes and lotion, bambina. Do you want to shower?"

Sarah paused, and then nodded. The moms both blew her a kiss and left her to shower. Sarah sat on the ground, curled up in a ball and washed herself, not trusting the amount of time she would need to be standing. She had to admit, it felt good to be clean. She scrubbed herself with her lotion, breathing in the heavenly mango scent and washed her long hair.

Hearing the shower, Moose positioned himself at the door and screamed until someone outside the bathroom let him in. The determined, one-eyed little gremlin forced the shower curtains open and sat on the edge of the bathtub, licking the water that came his way.

Seeing her cat looked like a drowned rat, Sarah giggled. It was the first laugh she'd had in what felt like months. The black cat was her favourite interruption, and even without trying, brought joy into her life.

After the redhead was done, she got dressed. Her once tight clothes were now loose. Another sign that she needed this. Knowing how prepared her mamma was, the teen saw that Carina had fished out some of Sarah's old clothes that she had outgrown from when she was thirteen. The old clothes that they were saving for Lucia, fit Sarah once more.

Yet another wildly alarming sign.

Sarah forced herself to breathe, and then came out of the bathroom with a brush and elastics, and looked at Carina with hopeful eyes.

The Italian took a look at what her daughter was holding. "Do you want me to braid your hair, tesoro?" she asked happily, and Sarah nodded, making the Italian squeal with delight. They started with small motions and touches, getting the redhead used to contact once more, and as Maya talked to Sarah about what would be happening today as the Italian braided her daughter's hair.

"Perfetto, bella," Carina said, grinning from ear to ear.

———

After a small lunch, where Sarah drank another bit of meal replacement, much to her moms' delight, they headed to the station. The team had been briefed on how to be gentle and quiet, and not to make sudden movements.

The three Bishop-DeLucas arrived while Lucia was staying with Katherine, and went to the captain's office, where Travis and Vic were waiting. The rest were at a fire. Sarah was still clutching Maya's hand like a life ring.