72: Chaotic Family Game Day

"You know, I can't wait to spend the rest of my life by your side," Maya whispered, looking at Carina lovingly. There was so much warmth inside her when the blonde thought about how much the Italian meant to her. "Me neither, but know you'd better live for a very long time, Maya Bishop-DeLuca. I need all the time in the world with you," Carina replied softly, and the two spent their evening in each other's embrace.

———

Weeks had passed since the moms' date night. Work was keeping both moms very busy, while the two girls were swamped with school.

Sarah got a job part time at the station as the receptionist of sorts, and it was something she enjoyed very much. In other news, the next couple of weeks were going to be exciting; tryout season. It was the early days of October, which meant the starting of several school sports, as well as outside clubs and teams. At Lucia's dance studio, the teachers were talking about competitive tryouts, so the bambina brought home a flyer.

"Mamma, Mommy, can I do competitive dance this year? Pretty please?" She asked once she'd gotten home. Carina exchanged a glance with Maya before turning back to her youngest. "We need to talk about it first, bene?" she replied, and Lucia nodded, handing her mom the flyer. "Miss Daphne gave me this to give to you," she insisted, handing the paper to the Italian, who nodded as she read.

Maya rested her head on Carina's shoulder, taking in the contents on the paper. "I don't see any reason why you can't try out, buggy, but mamma and I still need to talk," the blonde informed with a shrug, and Lucia grinned from ear to ear. "Yay! Thank you, Mommy!"

"Let's look this over once the girls are in bed, okay?" Maya suggested, Carina squeezing her hand in agreement. "Bene, bella," she whispered, and the two met for a kiss, where Maya's tongue was eager to wander inside her wife's mouth.

But, before it could get anywhere, a shriek interrupted them. "Mooooom! Mamma! Moose dragged a mousetrap into my room and it's not emptyyyy!" Sarah screeched, and they heard muffled growling.

"That cat is going to give me a heart attack," Carina sighed, and Maya laughed in agreement. It took the two women, plus lots of pets from both girls to convince Moose to drop the mousetrap, which he had brought up from the basement and had been holding proudly.

———

While Lucia showered after dance practice, Sarah was on her phone, and Maya saw her frowning. "What's wrong, sunshine?" the blonde asked, and the teen jumped, not expecting her mom to be right behind her. "Oh, nothing," she assured, but the blonde made a face as if to say she wasn't blind and could clearly see there was something bothering her, so Sarah sighed.

"I was thinking about maybe trying out for the school volleyball team," she admitted. "Why are you upset about that?" Maya asked, and Sarah sighed again, her chest feeling heavy. "I don't know... I just don't want to be cut. I'm not even that good, I don't know why-"

"Hey, hey. Don't say that. You may not have much experience, but it doesn't mean that it's not worth trying," Maya reassured.

"But what if I don't make it?" Sarah asked in a very quiet voice. "What if you do?" Maya countered soothingly, and Sarah nodded, her brain working on what she should decide. "That's true..."

"Why don't you try, sunshine? If you don't make it, you don't make it. There's nothing wrong just going for the experience," Maya suggested.

"I'll think about it... but maybe," Sarah replied, and Maya ruffled her eldest's hair. "No matter what, we're here," she reminded, and Sarah wrapped her arms around her mom's waist. "I love you," she whispered. The blonde grinned, hugging her daughter tightly. "I love you more,"