Chapter 46

"Hey Avdol. How you feeling?"

Avdol smiles as we walk into his hospital room. Nurses are already clearing everything away.

"I'm very well, thank you. The doctors say I'm free to leave. Although I do have to be careful not to reopen my wound." Avdol stands up from the hospital bed.

"Well... since the group is back together again, where are we heading this time?" I joke as if this is some sort of cheesy cartoon.

We walk out of the room following Avdol as he pays for his hospital care at the front desk.

"We must next travel across the river Nile in order to reach Kom Ombo. That will be our next step towards getting to Cairo." Avdol says.

The seven of us, including Iggy, make a short journey towards the river Nile. I heard about the Nile in school and I've always wanted to visit.

"Here, stay close together. We never know who might attack us next." Grandpa Joseph orders.

We all step onto the small boat and we begin sailing down the Nile. Honestly, this place is so cool. I wish I could come to Egypt more often. Maybe I could visit Avdol from time to time when our trip is over.

The peaceful boat ride comes to a halt when we arrive at Kom Ombo. We step onto land and begin walking around.

I look around as merchants try to sell their goods to us but we keep pushing foward.

"Hey Polnareff, I bet you- huh? Polnareff?" I look around, noticing that he isn't with us.

"It seems that he has wondered off on his own again." Kakyoin laughs.

Of course he has. He's probably getting himself in trouble again. If he has found himself running into trouble, we should probably go find him.

"He should know by now not to go off on his own. Reckless bastard." Jotaro huffs.

"Let's look for him. I'm sure he hasn't gone too far." Kakyoin suggests.

We walk around as a group, trying to find Polnareff. Luckily for us, he indeed didn't go too far at all.

"Polnareff! There you are! We were looking all over for you. Where did you go?" Avdol asks.

"Woah you look messed up! Wait- is that a sword? Cool!" I rush over to the sword but Polnareff holds me back.

"Don't touch that thing! We need to hand it to the police." He says, letting me go.

For the rest of the day, we find ourselves a hotel to stay in. Every day we're getting closer to Cairo. Every new day is one step closer to defeating Dio.

For the night, Jotaro and I end up rooming together. It's weird... I feel like this trip has brought us closer together, yet he still seems so distant.

Jotaro pulls out a cigarette, opening the window as he sits on the small balcony. I carefully make my way over to him, leaning over the railing.

"Jotaro...? What do you think will happen after we defeat Dio?" I break the silence.

"I dunno. Why'd you ask?" He bluntly replies.

"No reason. I was just wondering." I trail off.

Maybe after we go back home, I would write about our journey? Something about our story is just inspiring. To others our story will sound like fiction but to people like us, other Stand users, our story is a breath of fresh air to know they are not alone.

There is another silence between the two of us as Jotaro inhales his cigarette smoke before exhaling.

"So when were you planning on telling us about you and Kakyoin?" Jotaro bluntly asks.

"What?"

"Good grief, I'm not stupid Y/N. You're my sister for christ sake. I know there is something going on between you two." He puts out his cigarette, turning to me.

"I- fuck, I forgot you were as observant as you are. Look, please don't tell Grandpa Joseph or Avdol." I beg.

He looks at me from under the shade of his hat, confusion clearly in his eyes.

"What about Polnareff?" He asks.

"Well... he kinda, sorta... already... found out." I look away from my brother.

I see him tense up for a moment but he doesn't seem to be angry. In fact, I swear I saw a hint of a smile on his stone cold face.

"Good grief woman. If he does anything to you, I'll beat his ass." Jotaro turns around to walk inside to lay down on his bed.

Even through his stone cold demeanour, I can tell he's happy for us.

I look to my right to see Kakyoin sneaking onto his balcony from the room beside ours. He must have heard the conversation because the look on his face is one of panic.

"Nori... don't worry, he doesn't mean it. That's just the way he is." I smile.

He sighs in relief, walking towards the edge of the balcony next to mine. I do the same, leaning over slightly to place a soft kiss to his lips.

When we pull away, he has a pink tint to his cheeks, his red tendril covering one side of his face. Yep, he's still as cute as ever.

The both of us say our good nights, heading off to bed. The bed isn't as uncomfortable as I expected which is a good start.

The moonlight shines through the balcony door and nightlife echoes through the room. Jotaro must have fallen asleep a few minutes ago as his hat is on his bedside table and his breathing is slow and regulated.

I think it's time for some well deserved rest.