Chapter 24

Polnareff still hadn't come back in a while so Jotaro went looking for him, leaving Grandpa Joseph, Noriaki and I to talk in one of the rooms.

"Do you think this is an enemy Stand user? I feel like we should go and help them." I begin to worry.

"I'm sure whatever mess Polnareff got into, Jotaro can handle. Besides, I haven't had the chance to talk to you alone." Grandpa Joseph beams.

I raise an eyebrow, looking at Noriaki who awkwardly sits on the bed beside me.

"I'll leave-"

"Don't be stupid Kakyoin! Of course you're welcome to stay! Since you've been around, I've never seen my Granddaughter so happy!" Grandpa Joseph carries on.

That's it! Honestly, everyone needs to stop snooping around in my business!

"Grandpa! A word..." I drag him outside into the corridor, making sure to close the door behind us.

"So...?"

"So? So?! What do you mean 'so'? Stop sticking your nose in my business!" I whisper yell, trying not to cause a scene.

"And what business is that? Kakyoin?" He smirks, holding in laughter.

I sigh, leaning against the wall. God I don't know how much longer I can take. Of any of this!

"Is everything alright?" Kakyoin asks from inside the room. I look over at Grandpa Joseph who makes kissy faces towards me.

"Y-yeah! Everything is fine... just fine." I ignore the stares of my Grandfather as I turn my attention to Jotaro who comes strolling down the corner towards us.

"I defeated the enemy Stand user. It was that old woman, Enyaba. Her Stand created this entire place. We have to leave." Jotaro informs us.

I knew it was Enyaba!

I rush off to my room, grabbing my things as I head back down to the lobby where the rest of the guys seem to be laughing about something. In fact, it must be extremely funny since Grandpa Joseph is on the floor.

"What's so funny?" I ask.

The boys turn their attention to me and Polnareff gives me a pleading look as the others try not to laugh.

"Oh please, not again-" Polnareff is cut off.

"Polnareff licked the toilet! Ha ha ha haaaa!" Grandpa Joseph begins rolling on the floor again.

I let out a small chuckle but fell kinda bad about the situation. Polnareff was probably forced to like the toilet by Enyaba.

"Hey guys, you have to take a look at this." Jotaro opens the front doors of the hotel. Or at least, what's left of it.

The entire town was a graveyard all along! Enyaba used her Stand to create a whole town!

We begin walking to where we parked our car when the engine suddenly starts. A man in a hat turns to us with a smirk before driving off.

"I'm sticking with Dio! Thanks for the ride!"

That bastard cowboy! I swear when I get my hands on him-

"Come on Y/N. We have to find a way out of here." Kakyoin smiles, walking beside me. I feel safe when I'm with him yet, I still refuse to believe my feelings.

Maybe this trip is just getting to me.

After a while of searching, we find a decent sized carriage with horses to pull us along. Jotaro and Grandpa Joseph sit up front, Noriaki and I sit in the middle, Polnareff and Enyaba are in the back. Good job she's knocked out.

"I'm gonna get some sleep. If anyone needs me to kick some ass, wake me up." I smile, getting into a comfortable position.

I shuffle over, placing my head in Kakyoin's lap. I look up at his beautiful violet eyes as his lips curl into a smile. He gently runs his fingers through my hair as I begin to fall asleep.

A clock.

Grandpa Joseph.

Emeralds.

Screaming.

Blood.

A dented water tank.

More screaming.

Crying...

... Dio.

I snap my eyes open, feeling like I was only asleep for a minute. It all went by so fast. Was that a dream or a prediction?

"Why have you come?! Why are you here to kill me?! I have been loyal to Lord Dio!" I hear Enyaba screaming which wakes me up.

Weird tentacles, which look like the same ones Dio used for his flesh buds, tear through Enyaba's skin, eyes, nose and mouth.

They break the carriage and we have no other option but to jump out of the carriage. Enyaba however, falls from the side, writhing in pain as she cowers away from a man.

"I swore I wouldn't say anything!" Enyaba continues and I feel like being sick. This is awful, even for a bitch such as her to go through.

"Old lady! Tell us what Dio's his Stand is! You trusted and admired Dio, but now you know he's not the man you think he is!" Grandpa Joseph tries to get information out of her.

But before he gets her to say anything, the flesh bud splits open her skull and skin, killing her instantly. What a horrible way to die.

I take a step back, falling against someones chest as they wrap their arms around me. I can tell from the green sleeves that it's Kakyoin so I let myself relax a little.

It seems that every single day just keeps getting worse. Every enemy we face leads us closer to Dio and possibly close to death.

A man at a table begins to laugh, smirking and taking a sip of his drink.

Is this our next enemy?