Teeth (Okita Sougo)

Start from the beginning

"....(Y/N), just stay tonight— please,"

His voice had gone softer, more delicate and even— pitiful to hear. But she was already gone when he spoke those words.

— and once again, Sougo was left all alone.

Sometimes, you're a stranger in my bed
Don't know if you love me or you want me dead
Push me away, push me away
Then beg me to stay, beg me to stay, yeah

Sougo was in a bad mood.

It had been 3 weeks since he had last seen (Y/N). Sure, he understood that she was a yato and that she was also a criminal meaning that she couldn't come see him as often as he'd like her to— but does that really matter?

So, all the weeks passed by with Sougo being put in a sour mood every single day when he wakes up. Even his murder attempts on Hijikata weren't cheering him up at this point.

Today, he was back at his usual rounds of patrol around Kabuki District. When all of a sudden, he spots a ruckus at one of the ramen shops nearby.

"Captain! I told you we should go now— Don't empty out their stocks!"

"...Abuto, you should just let him be. Kamui really won't listen,"

Just as Abuto, Kamui and (Y/N) were about to walk out of the shop— Sougo was passing by it. He instantly halts to a stop, his eyes locked on her figure—

And before he knew it, he had grabbed (Y/N)'s hand to stop her from moving farther away from him.

—But his actions made a certain vermillion haired yato stop in his tracks too,

"What the hell—" (Y/N)'s eyes widened in shock, but before she could even do anything Kamui was quicker to move.

"Who do you think you're touching?" The corners of Kamui's lips lift into a grin, as his hand gripped Sougo's wrist. "You dog,"

Sougo wasn't thinking clearly, the moment he saw her he moved instinctively— it was the result of not seeing her for weeks.

".....I have business with (Y/N), not you." Sougo merely spoke, not even turning to meet Kamui's eyes.

(Y/N) was watching the exchange between the two— studying their hostility to each other. So, she decided to step in before it could escalate to something even more drastic.

"You—!" (Y/N) pulls Kamui's hand away from Sougo and lightly pushes Sougo, "I don't want anything to do with you! So go on! Get lost!" She yells at him.

Sougo had knitted his eyebrows deeply at her actions— this was how far she was willing to go to keep their relationship under wraps? It made him angry just thinking about it.

"Kamui! I'll handle this myself!" (Y/N) turns to Kamui before placing a hand on Sougo's shoulder and drawing close to his ear.

"I'm sorry, I'll explain tomorrow— okay?" (Y/N) pleads in a soft voice before she hurls him right across the street with all her strength.

"— and don't touch me ever again!" She yells at him, before dragging Kamui away.

Sougo was speechless.

The duality of that woman was shocking— at nights they were together, she would scream his name with so much love and passion and yet during the day she would hurl him with her strength like a toy she was bored of playing with.

Call me in the morning to apologize
Every little lie gives me butterflies
Something in the way you're looking through my eyes
Don't know if I'm gonna make it out alive