☆ eighty-eight [bonus 12: sunoo] ☆

Bonus 12 [Sunoo]: Monster Among Men || 4/4

"Hyung. Hyung, hyung, hyung, wait." Ni-ki jogged to catch up with Sunoo before the older boy could follow the others into their dorm. "Can we talk?"

Sunoo glanced at his watch. "Now, Ni-ki? It's almost midnight."

The younger boy stared at him pleading.

"Fine," Sunoo huffed. He turned towards the others. "You guys go ahead. Ni-ki and I will catch up."

Jay nodded before disappearing into the dorm. Sunoo followed Ni-ki into the darkness. They walked silently for a while, finding themselves at the Han river for the scenic privacy. Sunoo wandered onto a footbridge, stopping in the middle to admire the glow of the city lights on the rippling water. Ni-ki's voice came from behind him.

"Hyung... I'm sorry. For everything."

"It's okay, Ni-ki," Sunoed sighed. "What did you want to talk about?"

"I..." The younger boy took a deep breath. "I want to understand why. Why you don't like me. Why you liked Vincent. What I did wrong. It's just... It didn't feel fair. I spent all this time trying to get you to like me and then Vincent came along and stole you away just like that?"

"Ni-ki..." Sunoo responded softly. "I'm not an object that can be stolen. I'm a person. I have feelings too."

He reached out, gently touching the younger boy's arm. "I know you're hurting. I'm sorry. I was harsh on you, but I needed you to see that it wasn't going to happen between us."

"Is it because of my age?" Ni-ki quietly asked.

Sunoo gave a sad smile. "Yeah. That and other things. Ni-ki, we're just... We're in different places right now."

Ni-ki slowly exhaled, turning away. "Then I'll be here if you ever change your mind, Sunoo hyung. Just say the word and I'm yours."

Sunoo shook his head. "No. That's exactly why we shouldn't be together. This—everything—we're too unbalanced. You deserve somebody who can give you as much as you give them."

Ni-ki frowned, glancing at the older boy. "I don't get you. You say all this and make me feel like I'm not good enough, and then you turn around and say that I deserve more?"

"You are good enough," Sunoo sighed. "Just don't waste it on me."

"But I want to spend it on you. I love wasting time with you. I love buying you gifts. I love everything about you."

"That's not true."

"Yes, it is!"

"No, it's not!" Sunoo said angrily. "If you loved me, you would know that I hate fistfights! You would care that I didn't like it when you talked to Vincent!"

"I-"

"In I-Land and when we first debuted, you were so sweet, Ni-ki. You wouldn't have hurt a fly. But now you're out here picking fights with people in a hospital no less!"