~ forty-seven ~

TW: mentions abuse, mentions suicide

~~~~~

Landfills and Due Bills || 3/4

"Shit, we're here." Jay burst into the room, holding the door open for the others to enter. "Heeseung hyung, are you okay?"

"You guys shouldn't have come," Heeseung whispered. "You've already missed so much school."

"You're nuts if you think we care about school more than you." Daniel hopped onto the bed. "How are you feeling?"

Heeseung felt a cold hand wrap around his ankle, and a sense of calmness washed over him. "Better. Hoon, come here."

The younger boy took Yeonjun and Soobin's place, hugging Heeseung as the others gathered around.

"Do you want us to leave?" Jungwon asked. "It's okay to say yes. Thirteen people in one room can be a lot."

Heeseung hesitantly nodded. "Yes, please."

Sunghoon moved to get up.

"Not you."

"Right." The boy sank into the covers, letting Heeseung crawl on top of him.

"Hyung..." Daniel glanced at Kai. "When Mei noona was a kid, do you think the CEO ever hit her?"

Kai bit his lip. "Some things we shouldn't talk about, Daniel."

He ushered the boy out of the bedroom.

Sunghoon waited until everyone else had left before speaking. "I'm sorry I wasn't there when you needed me."

"What would you have done? Punched the CEO?" Heeseung snuggled closer. "You're here now. That's all that matters."

Sunghoon took a deep breath. "Are you scared of heights? Soobin hyung said that when you guys were leaving HYBE, you didn't stop shaking until the elevator reached the ground floor."

"A little," Heeseung mumbled, his voice muffled by Sunghoon's shirt.

"What?"

"Yes. A lot."

"Oh." Sunghoon paused. "There's no shame in that. You can hold my hand whenever you're scared."

Heeseung buried his face in Sunghoon's neck. "Thank you."

"Do you want anything? Food? Water?"

"No." Heeseung straddled Sunghoon's lap, clinging to the boy like a koala. "I just want to stay like this for a bit."

"Okay." Sunghoon leaned back, laying flat on the bed. He rested his palms on the undersides of Heeseung's thighs, patting them amusedly. "Take a nap. I'll wake you before dance practice."

Heeseung shook his head. "I can get up in a minute."

"We're not arguing about this again." Sunghoon started lightly scratching Heeseung's back. "Go to sleep."

"Cheater," the older boy sighed, his eyes drooping immediately.

Sunghoon smiled. "Weak."

He cupped the back of Heeseung's head. "Sweet dreams, you big baby."

Heeseung whined in protest. "I'm not."

"Yeah, right. Now sleep."

"Wait." He clutched the fabric of the younger boy's shirt, fighting to stay awake. "Stay with me, please."

"It's not like I have a choice." Sunghoon squirmed under Heeseung's body. "You're surprisingly light, though. I guess I could break out of here if I tried."