~ fifty-one ~

Blue Hour || 3/3

Taehyun took a deep breath. "I used to have a crush on you."

Heeseung crossed his arms, leaning back against the bathroom counter. "Well, yeah. I figured."

"Let me finish. I- Can you turn around?"

Heeseung spun to face the mirror. "Better?"

"Wow. A natural-born comedian, you are." Taehyun cracked a genuine smile, meeting Heeseung's eyes in their reflection. "You know what I mean."

Heeseung rotated so he could stare at a wall with his back to Taehyun. "Good?"

"Yeah. Thanks." Taehyun paused. "I'm sorry for kissing you. I was panicking, and I just needed something-"

His voice went hoarse. "I don't know. I need something to-"

"I get it. You don't have to explain." Heeseung turned around again, sympathetically tapping Taehyun's hand. "Vocal rest, okay? Everything you want to tell me can wait."

"I'm fine, hyung, seriously. If anything, it was a voice crack from trying to sing too high."

"If you're sure, then okay." Heeseung fiddled with a paper towel. "So you had a crush? On me?"

Taehyun rolled his eyes. "Yes. I had a big fat hand-holding, strawberry-feeding, picnic-in-the-park type-a-crush on you. Please don't make me repeat it, or I'll die of embarrassment."

"But why?"

"In case you haven't noticed, you're hot, and I'm gay."

Heeseung snorted. "Okay. Well, things should be normal between us. It doesn't have to be awkward."

He glanced at the younger boy. "Sometimes you pull away when feelings get involved."

"I know," Taehyun sighed. "I won't this time. I like our friendship right now."

Heeseung leaned back, smiling. "Me too. But just tell me if I ever overstep your boundaries, yeah?"

"Yeah, I will. Thanks, hyung."

"Hey, um." He paused. "Just out of curiosity, how was the kiss?

Taehyun burst into laughter. "I was wondering when you'd ask that. No worries, Heeseung hyung. It was the worst kiss of my life."

"Good to know," Heeseung grinned. "But ouch. Now I'm kind of hurt."

"Our lips barely touched." Taehyun rolled his eyes. "And please. It wasn't like I was in love with you or something; it was a stupid schoolboy crush. I was barely fifteen."

"Well, now I'm really hurt." Heeseung crossed his arms, pretending to be upset.

"Oh, shush. Go cry to your boyfriend about it." Taehyun's face fell as he remembered Beomgyu.

"Want to talk about it?" Heeseung asked gently.

"Nah." Taehyun tilted his head, frowning at the ground. "It's pretty straightforward. I said I love you. He didn't say it back."

"I'm sorry. I know that must've hurt."

"It's okay. I thought we were both ready." Taehyun bit his lip. "Guess I was wrong."

"He'll get there," Heeseung assured. "You're super cool. And hot...?"

"You're making this weird."

"Let's call it a day," Heeseung laughed, turning towards the exit. "Thanks for talking to me about your feelings."

"This isn't going to be a routine thing."

"Oh, I know."

Taehyun unexpectedly hugged him. "Thank you."