☆ eighty-two ☆

TW: panic attack, references kidnapping

~~~~~

Aftermaths and Bubble Baths || 2/4

"Press meetings are so boring," Sunoo sighed, holding up his phone to snap a few selfies.

"Yeah." Heeseung stared out the window, watching buildings pass by as their van rumbled down the road.

"I'm glad we get to go to the live show now." Sunoo adjusted his camera angle. "It'll be so much fun performing in front of a live audience!"

"Yeah," Heeseung said.

Sunoo frowned, still taking selfies. "It was so nice of Jeffery hyung to let us use his van while we're in the process of getting a new car."

"Yeah." Heeseung nervously clung to his seatbelt.

"Alright, you're clearly not listening since this is Changbin sunbaenim's van, and we don't even know anybody named Jeffery, so, what's up, hyung? You look a little green."

Heeseung smiled sheepishly, turning to face the younger boy. "Sorry. It's just my driver's test is this weekend. I have less than forty-eight hours to master the art of parallel parking."

"Oh, you'll do fine," Yeonjun laughed from the front row. "Soobin and I can take you for more practice later toda-"

A loud snore interrupted their conversation. They all looked to Sunoo's left. Ni-ki sat slumped in his seat, his mouth open and his head tilted back at an awkward angle. Sunoo sighed, dragging Ni-ki's head down and resting it on his shoulder. Heeseung sent him a questioning look.

"What?" Sunoo muttered. "His neck will hurt, he won't dance well, and he'll embarrass all of us."

"Okay," Heeseung simply said. He turned away, smiling knowingly.

***

A hand suddenly appeared on Heeseung's shoulder.

"I need to go backstage." Beomgyu looked up at him pleadingly, his brow beaded with sweat. "Fuck, I-"

Before Heeseung could react, the older boy dropped to his knees, clutching his head. "It hurts."

A hush fell over the venue.

Heeseung nervously looked up. His mouth ran dry as he raised his mic to his mouth and put on a fake smile. "Sorry, all. Beomgyu is going to go take a little rest; his stamina hasn't fully recovered since the accident."

A collective "Oh" ran through the crowd.

Yeonjun anxiously bit his lip before talking into his mic. "Ah, yes. Silly Beomgyu, scaring us all with his coma. He's a real funny guy, isn't he?"

He raised his arms, riling up the crowd as a distraction while Taehyun and Jake helped Beomgyu off stage.

"Feel better soon, Beomgyu!" One fan shouted.