☆ eleven ☆

Dorm Divided

Dorm Divided

For the second time in two weeks, Heeseung found himself at the old BigHit dance studio. The moon shone brightly through the windows, providing half-decent lighting for the abandoned building.

He quietly watched Yeonjun fix Taehyun's technique from the hallway. A part of him was proud the two boys were working so hard this late into the night. Another was furious they had run off without telling anybody where they were or how long they'd be gone.

Heeseung cleared his throat, alerting the duo of his presence.

"You have any idea what time it is?" He leaned against the doorframe, crossing his arms. "Why didn't you call? Or text?"

"We..." Taehyun trailed off, fidgeting guiltily.

All three knew they had no excuse.

"Sorry," Yeonjun mumbled. "I'm sorry for everything."

Heeseung's eyes softened.

"It's okay to fight. It's okay to want to be alone." He entered the room. "But please, pick up the phone. I have to know you're safe."

"It won't happen again," they assured.

A loud crash sounded from somewhere in the building. Heeseung flinched, eyeing the door uneasily.

"Raccoon?" Yeonjun breathed, his hand tense on Heeseung's shoulder.

Heeseung peered into the darkness as Taehyun fearfully clung to his arm. Every hair on his body stood up, begging for him to leave.

"Let's go," Taehyun pleaded, tugging at Heeseung's shirt.

They swiftly slipped out of the studio.

***

The dorm was quiet when they returned. Soobin appeared from their shared bedroom, his hair still wet from his shower.

"We decided to switch up the sleeping arrangements." His eyes focused on Taehyun and Yeonjun.

"You two are with Huening and Daniel," he said coolly, motioning towards their new room.

Their bags were already neatly stacked in front of the door. Heeseung joined Soobin in the kitchen for some water as Yeonjun and Taehyun transferred their belongings.

"You're now with me, Sunghoon, Jay, and Jungwon." Soobin stopped, counting his fingers. "Beomgyu, Sunoo, Jake, and Ni-ki are in the room next to ours."

Heeseung cracked a smile. Keeping track of twelve other people was a job in itself.

"So, what do you think?" Soobin leaned against the fridge, taking a sip from his cup.

Heeseung poured a couple drops of water into his orchid's vase. "It's okay, I guess. Everybody needs space from each other."