~ twenty-five [bonus 6: sunghoon] ~

Bonus 6 [Sunghoon]: The Point of No Return || 2/2

They made their way to the kitchen, joining the herd of boys that crowded around the table.

"Bad news, guys," Yeonjun sighed. "Heeseung's phone broke."

"And all the pictures of the files were on it," Beomgyu groaned, sliding the damaged device onto the table. "So pretty much everything we did was pointless."

"Did you try turning it on?" Sunoo questioned.

Neither of them responded.

He rolled his eyes, reaching for the phone. "It's just the screen that's cracked."

"You're so smart, Sunoo hyung." Ni-ki's attempt at a compliment came out sounding painfully sarcastic.

Sunoo ignored him, looking up. "What's the password?"

"Enhypen's debut date," Jungwon answered confidently.

Sunghoon held his breath, praying it'd work.

"It didn't work."

"Ah, fuck," Sunghoon muttered. He leaned over to type Heeseung's correct password, feeling his face heat up.

Jungwon frowned. "When did he change it?"

Sunghoon stared at a crumpled napkin, wishing he could disappear. "A while ago."

"His ears are so red," Ni-ki remarked.

Kai shook his head, amused. "Completely unnecessary, Ni-ki. Leave him alone."

An evil grin spread across Yeonjun's face. "It's your birthday, isn't it, pretty boy?"

Sunghoon was about to cry. "Shut up. And thank you, Kai."

"Done," Sunoo announced, setting aside Heeseung's phone. "I sent the files to our group chat."

Only one pocket in the room buzzed. Soobin's mouth fell open as they all checked their texts.

"You assholes," he marveled. "Everybody has the group chat on 'do not disturb' except me, huh."

Sunghoon hid a smile.

Ni-ki yawned. "Can we start going through them now?"

"No, it's getting-"

"No, it's time for-"

Soobin and Jungwon looked at each other.

"Sorry, you should-"

"Sorry, you go-"

They both stopped abruptly again.

For a brief moment, the dorm was still. Everyone could feel the tension without Heeseung. He balanced their group, acting as a bridge between TXT and the I-Landers. Without him, they were just two packs of five and seven, unfamiliar and unacquainted. Sunghoon hesitated to move, wondering if they were all really friends or not.

Jake laughed nervously, breaking the silence. "Who wants to brush first?"

"Yeonjun hyung, you go," Ni-ki smiled. "Since you need more time to put in your dentures."

Yeonjun rolled his eyes. "Has anyone seen the maknae's pacifier? He's getting awfully noisy."

"Hey, I'm not the maknae anymore," Ni-ki grinned, teasingly poking the youngest member's cheek.

Daniel immediately spun around. "Hey, Sunoo hyu-"

"Shut up!" Ni-ki hissed, dragging Daniel away.

Sunghoon watched the two boys bicker, exchanging confused glances with Sunoo.