☆ forty-eight ☆

Landfills and Due Bills || 4/4

"Okay, so we're breaking into a landfill." Heeseung glanced up, hugging a flashlight to his chest. "Who wants to climb this fence?"

Twelve boys followed his gaze.

"Nose goes!" Ni-ki shouted, tapping the tip of his nose with his index finger.

The others quickly followed suit.

"Taehyun hyung lost; he didn't touch his nose," Daniel reported gleefully.

Heeseung frowned, noting the faraway look in Taehyun's eyes. For a minute, nobody moved.

"Hyung?" Sunoo lightly tapped Taehyun's shoulder. "You okay?"

"Just tired," Taehyun responded softly.

"No problem. I'll- I'll do it." Heeseung hesitantly curled his fingers around the metal cage, taking a deep breath to calm himself.

Yeonjun snorted. "Don't be ridiculous; you literally just told us about your fear of heights."

He took his jacket off, preparing to climb.

"I volunteer as tribute!" Beomgyu ran to the base of the fence, pushing Yeonjun out of the way.

"That little-" Yeonjun gritted his teeth as a laughing Jungwon held him back.

Heeseung held his breath, watching Beomgyu scale the fence. He intertwined his fingers with Sunghoon's, grateful to be on the ground and grateful that his boyfriend was safe next to him. He turned around, glancing at Taehyun to check how the boy was holding up, and received a glare that made him quickly face forward again.

"Heeseung, not everybody has a debilitating fear of heights." Sunghoon lightly squeezed the older boy's hand. "And leave Taehyun alone. You know he doesn't like it when people ask him questions."

"Mm." Heeseung buried his face in Sunghoon's scarf. His heart sped up anxiously as the CEO's actions plagued his mind. "Hug me, please."

He felt two puffy sleeves tie themselves around his waist and laughed. "You feel like a marshmallow."

"It's cold," Sunghoon huffed. "We're north of Seoul."

"Your skin constantly feels like ice, but you're cold?"

"I told you already; I have poor blood circulation."

"Mmm. Whatever." Heeseung let himself melt into Sunghoon's warm embrace.

"God, they're disgusting." Daniel glanced at Jake. "Please don't be like them when you and Kai hyung get together."

"What makes you think we're getting together?" Jake sighed.

"The way you look at him makes it so obvious, hyung. You've got hearts in your eyes."

Jake whipped around, making sure Kai was out of earshot. "Do you think he likes me back?"