☆ forty-one ☆

Way Home || 2/2

Way Home || 2/2

"Let it go! Let it go! Can't hold it back anymore! Let it-"

"Beomgyu!" Yeonjun sobbed into the steering wheel. "Please, shut up."

Heeseung leaned forward, poking his head between the front seats. "Guys, we haven't even left the driveway yet. Get it together."

Yeonjun nodded miserably, placing an arm behind the passenger seat's headrest as he prepared to reverse.

"Careful," Beomgyu whispered. "Don't wanna ding this beautiful beast of a car."

"Alright, that's it." Yeonjun put the vehicle in park. "The two of you need to switch places right now."

Heeseung moved to the front, bringing his bucket of shells with him.

Beomgyu sighed, taking Heeseung's seat in the back. "This is unfair; he's younger than m- Hey, what's with the shells?"

"None of your business." Heeseung hugged the bucket to his chest. "Yeonjun hyung, go."

"They're for Sunghoon, huh?" Yeonjun laughed, turning the radio on. "Young love. Cute."

They cruised down the streets of Busan.

"Yo." Beomgyu twisted in his seat, staring out the back windshield. "We just passed Namjoon hyung's Busan vendor. Remember? The one he bought that weird blue robe from."

"Really?" Heeseung turned around, catching a glimpse of a street stand with a sign that read 'RM shopped here! 50% off anything blue!'

"Hah, nice."

He watched it fade into the distance.

***

"Mhm. I know. Last night was crazy; I can't wait to do it again." Yeonjun smiled at Soobin through their FaceTime.

"I told you it'd be good for us," Soobin sighed, pushing his bangs back. "Don't you feel... energized? Like you can take over the world?"

The screen temporarily paused before resuming, glitchy and pixelated.

"Fuck, I hate my data plan; it sucks," Yeonjun muttered. "And no, my back is killing me. I think a five-year-old could beat me up."

Soobin giggled, his face moving out of view in short and choppy motions. Yeonjun flicked his phone, trying to restore a better connection.

"Hey, but it was worth it, though." Soobin sat back, his device propped up his suitcase handle. "Yesterday was the farthest I've ever gotten."

"Me too. I always start panicking, my hands get shaky, and then everything, you know. Falls down."

"Wasn't it fucking huge?" Soobin grinned.

Heeseung kicked open the store's bathroom door, a grocery bag in each hand. "What the hell are you two talking about?"