~ fifty-six [interlude: BTS] ~

INTERLUDE: The Bangtan Boys || 3/3

Jung Hoseok

Hoseok tried to hide his blush as one of the firefighters led him to an ambulance.

"Your clothes are a bit wet." He draped his heavy heat-resistant jacket over Hoseok's shoulders. "You must be cold."

Hoseok giggled, pulling the jacket shut. "Thanks."

Once the firefighter left, Yoongi rolled his eyes, taking a seat next to Hoseok on the ledge of the ambulance. "Have a little shame, Hobi."

"Stop pretending like you wouldn't let one hit it."

"I wouldn't," he snorted. "Not my type."

"Hunky guy who can pick you up and throw you around and who saved your life is not your type?"

"I'm more into the delicate, graceful kind of beauty."

"...so Jimin?"

Yoongi glared at the younger man. "Say that again, and I'll knock your teeth out."

Hoseok laughed. "Right."

He glanced around. "You know, I still can't believe it. The maze and the flower shop caught on fire. What are the odds?"

"I overheard some policemen talking to Jimin, Jungkook, and Taehyung. They think the sasaeng did it to cover her tracks."

"Really? But how-"

A car came barrelling down the dirt road, barely coming to a complete stop before the door swung open and PD-nim tumbled out.

"Yoongi, Hoseok!" He ran up to them immediately, enveloping the two in a hug. "Are you okay? How are you feeling?"

"We're fine," Yoongi blushed, patting the older man's back. "Really. No need to cause a fuss."

Hoseok closed his eyes, smiling as he hugged PD-nim. "Don't worry. Everybody's okay."

"I can't believe he's crying over this," Yoongi sighed, watching PD-nim run towards the other boys.

"Hey," Hoseok laughed, nudging his shoulder. "Give the man a break. PD-nim watched us grow up. And besides, you'd be crying too if your precious 'Belift baby' was caught in a fire."

"Who?" Yoongi scoffed. "Beomgyu? Absolutely not. The kid's annoying as hell."

"Ah, but you love him."

"I don't love people; I tolerate them."

"Alright, so then why do you tolerate Beomgyu?"

"He's got a passion for making music." Yoongi gazed into the distance. "I respect that."

Hoseok smiled teasingly. "Just like you respect Jimin's passion for music?"

"Goodbye." Yoongi slid off the ambulance ledge, making his way towards Jin and Namjoon.

Hoseok laughed, wrapping the firefighter's jacket tighter around himself before following.

"Hey, anybody hungry?" A firefighter standing in the charred remains of the flower shop held up a blackened paper bag.

A single cooked crab leg dangled out.

Namjoon froze.

"Are you okay?" Hoseok questioned.

Namjoon stared off into space for a moment before responding. "Yeah. I'm fine."

"No, you're not. What's wrong?"