~ forty-four [bonus 9: taehyun] ~

Bonus 9 [Taehyun]: Trapped in This Carnival || 3/3

"Jungkook hyung sent us an update on their investigation," Heeseung announced as they made their way to the carnival's exit. "Looks like they were here a couple hours ago."

Sunghoon gently guided the older boy by his arm, keeping him from walking into a tent while distracted by his phone. Taehyun leaned in to see Heeseung's screen.

Jungkook, Jimin, and Taehyung had sent the boy a selfie of themselves at the carnival, holding toy prizes and cotton candy. The caption read '#investigation #sexydetectives #wegotlost,' despite being through iMessage.

"Send me that picture right now." He slapped a hand over his mouth. "Sorry, I mean-"

"Tae, you're such a fanboy," Beomgyu laughed.

"How are you not embarrassed?" Daniel shook his head, giggling. "I saw that one video of TXT meeting BTS, and Namjoon hyung totally threw you under the bus about having a Jungkook fan page."

"It wasn't a fan page," Taehyun muttered. "I just... had him as my profile picture. On a couple social media sites."

"Taehyun, stop fanboying." Yeonjun twirled the car keys around his index finger. "Heeseung, what's the update?"

"We didn't find where the roses are coming from, but we did find where they're going," Heeseung read out loud.

"Well, that's not helpful," Sunoo frowned, rubbing his hands together to generate heat. "The sasaeng's roses are going to Jin hyung and Daniel. We know this."

Heeseung shrugged. "I think that text was Jimin hyung pretending to be in a spy movie. What he's really trying to say is that they figured out where our missing fan mail is going. You guys wanna take a guess?"

Daniel cocked his head to the side. "Trash?"

"Yep." Heeseung displayed his phone to the group. "Courtesy of our lovely manager."

"Is that a landfill?" Sunghoon's face filled with disgust. "I'm not going dumpster diving for a sasaeng's fan mail."

"Neither am I," Taehyun agreed.

"Guys, it's not just the sasaeng's fan mail; it's everybody's fan mail." Jake glanced around excitedly. "People have written us letters!"

Ni-ki's face lit up. "Can we go? Please?"

"We can't right now." Jungwon crossed his arms. "We have interviews tomorrow morning. It'd be terrible if we went in smelling like trash."

"True," Heeseung sighed. "We'll go tomorrow evening, after dance practice."

***

One hour until midnight.

Taehyun pressed a kiss to the back of Beomgyu's head, nuzzling his nose in the other's hair.

I love you.

His lips skimmed the tip of the sleeping boy's ear, leaving no trace of his unspoken confession.

Do you love me back?

He buried his face in the covers as he shifted a bit. It was hot; the blanket acted as an insulator to their body heat, plus he was wearing a long sleeve cotton shirt. The warmth soon became unbearable, and Taehyun scooted away to remove his top before cuddling closer to Beomgyu again.

"Can't resist me even when I'm fully clothed, huh?" Beomgyu mumbled drowsily.

"Shut up." Taehyun blushed in a way only Beomgyu could make him. "Go to sleep. You're still dreaming."