~ twenty-one ~

Jackets and Food Packets || 2/2

"Oh god."

Heeseung stared into the distance, regretting every decision he made in the past hour.

"What's up?" Mei asked, bending down to fix his eye makeup.

"How does he have so much control over me?" Heeseung groaned.

"Who? The CEO?"

"No, Sunghoon," he snorted. "Ew, noona. The CEO's way too old for me; why would you suggest that?"

Mei laughed nervously, putting her brushes away. "What?"

Heeseung's smile dropped.

"Fuck." He covered his mouth. "Oh fuck."

Panic rose in his chest. What had he done?

The world seemed to spin a little as he struggled for air. He sat frozen, gripping the armrests and staring at the floor, wishing everything would come back into focus.

"Wait, no, stop, don't cry," Mei whispered, frantically dabbing at his waterline with a tissue. "Heeseung, look at me."

Heeseung raised his gaze fearfully. He hadn't even noticed the tears forming in his eyes.

Mei held his shoulders firmly with both hands. "Your secret's safe with me. And I spent way too long on this look, so seriously, don't ruin it!"

"Did- did anybody?" Heeseung choked, unable to get a proper sentence out.

Mei seemed to understand him anyway.

She bit her lip, peering around. "No, I don't think anybody heard."

Relief flooded Heeseung's chest. He gratefully accepted a bottle of water, taking a few sips to settle his nerves.

"I'm sorry," he finally managed to say after a minute. "I don't know what came over me."

Mei patted his back comfortingly. Heeseung nearly jumped out of his seat.

"You're very tense," she commented. "Relax a bit."

"Not the first time I've heard that today," Heeseung smiled. "Thanks, noona."

"Don't mention it. Literally."

She laughed, sending him on his way.

Heeseung joined Soobin and Yeonjun, who sat across the room on the floor with the secondary photographer.

"So you three gonna tell me what's up?" He leaned back, propping himself up with his hands.

"Don't be mad," Yeonjun grimaced. "I kinda messed up last night."

"Like how?"

"Everything's okay now, though," he added, avoiding Heeseung's question.

"Hyung, what did you do?"

Yeonjun mumbled something incoherent.

Heeseung sat up. "What?"

The secondary photographer sighed, gesturing at Soobin and Yeonjun. "He exposed their relationship to my wife and I yesterday."

"I didn't know she could speak Korean," Yeonjun groaned, hiding his face. "And I really didn't know she was going to be one of our photographers."

"Oh my god." Heeseung rubbed his forehead. "How could you be so careless?"

"We're sorry," Soobin whispered, lowering his gaze.

Yeonjun held Soobin's hand tightly, looking as if he were afraid someone might try to take him away. "It was all my fault. Soobin didn't have any part in it."