☆ fifty ☆

TW: eating disorders

~~~~~

Blue Hour || 2/3

"Taehyun?" Heeseung cautiously cracked open the bathroom door.

"Go away." Taehyun fell to the floor and began crying.

Heeseung immediately entered the bathroom. He knelt and wrapped his arms around the trembling boy. "Hey, hey. What's wrong?"

"I'm sorry," Taehyun sniffled. "I shouldn't have snapped at Sunoo."

"It's okay," Heeseung whispered. "He's not mad at you."

Taehyun shook his head guiltily. "And I'm sorry about the sunbaenim thing."

Heeseung pursed his lips. The topic was still somewhat of a sore subject between the two of them.

"It's fine, Tae, really. Do you want me to call Beomgyu?"

Taehyun lowered his gaze, crying even more. "No."

"Why not? What happened?"

"It's stupid," he muttered.

"So what? I'm not going to judge you." Heeseung rubbed the boy's shoulder comfortingly. "Take a deep breath and tell me what's wrong."

"I can't. It's just- You're looking at me, and I can't."

Heeseung turned around, sitting with his back to the other. "How about now?

Taehyun let out a long, quiet breath. "He didn't say it back."

"Say what back?"

"I love you, he-" The boy choked back a sob. "He just kissed me, and that was it."

"Beomgyu did?"

"Yes." Taehyun curled into a ball. "And I know he's going to leave me. As soon as he realizes our relationship won't always be joking around and teasing, he's going to leave me."

"He's not going to leave you." Heeseung paused. "I'm not buying your act, Taehyun. You're smart enough to read me, and you're smart enough to read Beomgyu. You know he loves you, even if he didn't say it."

"I don't-"

"Be honest with yourself." Heeseung turned around, gently squeezing the younger boy's hand. "What's really going on?"

Taehyun laughed miserably. "If Sunghoon didn't exist, would you still be an idol?"

Heeseung nodded. "Yes. I've wanted this since I was a kid. But so have you."

"No. It's all messy for me. I used to love music and performing, but now, I can't tell if I actually like being an idol or if I just tolerate it because it lets me have Beomgyu."

"Taehyun..." Heeseung looked down. "It's just the pressure."

"But what if it's not? What if this feeling never goes away, and I have to live the rest of my life knowing I chose this?" Taehyun's breaths quickened. "I can't-"