Chapter 64 - The Terror of The Wild Dog

Last chapter before closing the book of 2022.

Feel free to give support at

https://paypal.me/A054

--

Town of Alue, 12th June, Morning

"Aaaahh... It feels so good in the morning."

Sergeant Leo Geyr has just finished his breakfast, as he and the Gra Valkas Empire's 1st Corps were taking a break from the assault yesterday.

"I heard the rest of the Army will come passing us today."

"Yeah. They will be here by afternoon and will take a night inside the Malmund Mountains."

Today, the 12th and 21st army are scheduled to depart from the Valkyries base, leaving 44th Defense Army to defend the Valkyries base.

A Corporal talks with him while the Corporal is preparing a tune-up kit to check on his Panzer IV's engine.

"You hear the news yesterday, Sergeant? I heard that the Celestina Empire destroy our Ishtam Battle Group inside the storm! Only two destroyers survived that slaughter!"

"Bah. That must be false news. There's no way Celestina can't deal that much damage to the Navy. Besides, it's Commander Maynard's fault for bringing his fleet into the storm."

"I-I guess you're right."

"What are you guys talking about?"

"S-sir!"

Major General Borg walks to them as the Corporal dismisses himself to check on the Panzer IV's engine.

"Sergeant. Don't think about it too much. All we need right now is to prepare ourselves for another advance to Kielseki. We will depart as planned."

"Y-yes, sir."

"Still... I can't believe that Mu got weapons and equipment from Celestina. We don't have Anti Tank weapons, and Information Bureau is already leading the investigation by sending Naguano and his team to examine what was left of it from the battle yesterday."

"I'm also surprised that Celestina can supply Mu with such weaponry in a short time."

"We outnumber them, so the invasion will proceed as planned."

The Corporal is checking the Panzer IV's engine as he found something strange attached to it.

"Strange... I don't remember we have this installed inside the engine."

As he was about to take the strange item, it explodes without warning. The explosion erases the Corporal from existence, while the explosion also destroys the Panzer IV.

"W-what!?"

"What's going on!!"

PWEEETTT!!!

Whistle sounds as the Gra Valkas Empire soldiers scramble to get their equipment.

"We're under attack!!"

BOOM!!! BOOM!!

"What the hell!? The explosion is not just at one of our tanks?!" Borg searches for news as the radio operator receives a transmission from other operators around Alue.

After compiling the report, the operator reports to Borg. "Sir!! We've received reports that at least forty tanks were destroyed by an explosion!"

"No way!! That's impossible! Does Mu launch a counterattack?"

"Negative, sir! Elements of 28th Special Operations Division at East of Alue reports that there was no enemy army amassing their units to attack!"

"Then where did the attack comes from? Find them and kill them!"