Chapter 28 - Beginning of the Rebellion

The Kingdom of Selarong, South-West of Sulbar, Magnetic-class Destroyer, Golden Lion

"Please, wear this."

All the crew on the bridge are wearing the same headset as a radio and suppressing the Magnetic Accelerator Cannon sound.

"What is this for?"

"This cannon's sound is loud enough to make your ears deaf if you didn't use it. Since the sound may damage your ears, safety comes first."

"We've rendezvoused with Seraphic Ocean and Destructo from the north. Our range to the enemy target is 20km away."

"Prepare the weapon. We will pierce as many ships as possible in one hit. We will do it at a regular interval to prevent overlap when firing."

"Yes, sir."

"Raziel, fire at will."

"Roger!"

Myrus and Lassan are curious about how the Magnetic Accelerator Cannon works.

Raziel itself was positioned 500km away from the battlefield, with the muzzles set on targeting one of the 100 ships of the line. The flagship of the Empire will be the last target as they will conduct a surprise attack.

--

The Kingdom of Selarong, the waters off Sulbar

The Papaldia Empire's imperial navy had 185 ships-of-the-line in their grand fleet of 300 ships. They were getting into combat positions to engage the three warships sent by the Celestinian navy. Their 100-gun ships-of-the-line came to the forefront; they were the pinnacle of Papaldia's technology and the apotheosis of their pride as a superpower. General Cius observed Celestina's fleet from the deck of Papaldia's largest, strongest ship, the commander of this enormous fleet, the super-P class ship-of-the-line Pull. This flagship monitored the fleet from its center.

"Darda, do you think you'd win?" he asked the captain standing next to him.

"With this giant fleet and our latest ships-of-the-line, I don't think I could even lose against the Holy Milishial Empire's famous Zeroth Magic Fleet. Strength in naval battle is based on both the quality and quantity of ships of the line. We have a hundred and eighty-five of the best gunboats in the Third Civilization; there is no such thing as a fleet that can surpass ours. Even if the Celestinian navy's warships were stronger than ours, they have fewer cannons, and there are only three of them. They're helpless before our fleet."

Captain Darda had absolute confidence.

The fleet of ships-of-the-line poured as much magic power as they could into their Tears of the Wind God, filling their sails with wind and tearing forward through the waves. The Celestinian navy advanced with all their ships in a horizontal line while the other one was moving alone. General Cius kept a constant watch on the Celestinian navy.

He had never seen any ships as big as Celestina's. They only had two cannons installed in the front of the warship. Based on the size itself, the cannon was probably similar to the gun turret found on Mu's La Kasami. Celestina's ships, also, just like in the magic pictures he'd seen of the La Kasami in the past, had no sails.

He had a bad feeling about them.

As far as aggregate firepower, their 100-gun ships-of-the-line had far more.

However...

"They're fast."

The enemy ships' speed was well beyond their own sense of how fast ships could travel. If they were that fast, it would be rather difficult to hit them with their magic cannons.