chapter 15

There was a dead silence inside the headmasters' office.

"Oz, what did you need?" James had a stern from on his face as he looked at ozpin. The man seemed to be out of it and was looking right out of the window.

"Oz!" The headmasters head shot up.

"what is it, James?" The grey-haired man had clear bags under his eyes.

"you've not been getting enough sleep have you, Oz?" The old wizard sadly smiled.

"No. There's been too much going on as of late. My gut tells me that something big will happen soon. As a result, I've been trying to remain vigilant." James was confused.

"what do you mean? You haven't told me about any of this." Oz walked to his desk and fell back into his chair.

"lately some peculiar Grimm have been showing up. They're humanoid in appearance and incredibly powerful. A man recently showed up and I... I believe he has the power to drastically alter this war." The generals' eyes narrowed drastically.

"a single man? You can't be serious Oz! How could a single man change the outcome of this war that's gone on for hundreds of years?! It's unthinkable!" Oz just slumped into his chair.

"I know it sounds unreasonable James but he's already accomplished things that we never could have. He defeated several humanoid Grimm and even monsoon! Even a wyvern." His fellow headmaster was speechless.

A wyvern Grimm? Those were creatures of legend that no single huntsman would be able to eliminate.

"not only that. He saved summer rose who we believed was long dead. Right from salems grasp. Though he suffered heavy damage. Currently, he's somewhere in mistral after he went to dispatch another humanoid Grimm. However, he's been missing for a few days so I sent summer... after... him..." ozpin slowly began to lay his head on his desk before closing his eyes.

'sleep well oz. But this man... he could be a great asset to our fight.' There, ironwood began to contemplate the many choices he had made over his life.

"I wish all this could be over. I know that suffering and pain will always exist in the world. But the Grimm cause so much that it's like a chain of misery. The Grimm murder and kill humans which leads to sadness and misery among other humans that then attracts more Grimm. It's a neverending cycle." Ironwood leaned against the wall as he placed his left hand on his face.

"I have hope that the next generation will be able to end this war." The general removed his hand and approached the window that his old friend looked out of.

There he could see a team of girls with doctor oobleck.

"a mission with oobleck... I wish them luck."

_________________________________________

"team RWBY are going on their first mission today! I'm so proud of them!" Summer had a hand on her left cheek with a serene smile on her face.

Hans was looking up at the slowly darkening sky.

'it shouldn't cause too much trouble if I use tier in the night.' Neo was considering the captain's response deeply.

*flashback*

"if that is how you feel, I won't reject you. But I have never been in a relationship before as I am a very lonely person. Please think about that before you accept me." The woman shook her head.

"I don't care if you're lonely or awkward. Who I love, is you. Regardless of whatever flaws you have, I will still love you." Her hand reached to Hans's chest, the two locked eyes.