chapter 21

Neo was in a panic.

The entirety of beacon academy had been plunged into flames...

And her father was still asleep in his room.

Neo was sprinting through the halls of beacon, desperate to save her sleeping father. Parts of the roof fell and almost crushed the girl before she slammed straight through the door to the shared room.

All 4 beds had been crushed by rubble, nothing noticeable past it. The entire room was torn up and the windows had shattered.

Neo fell to her knees.

'no... no! Roman! Dad! He... he can't be gone!' The sword held at her side finally spoke again after their last talk.

'I understand that you're upset, but right now its important to find out who caused these explosions.' Neo wiped her tears, a hardened expression on her face.

'whoever did this... I'll kill them.'
_________________________________________

Rumbling

The ground rumbled, ozpin watched in shock.

"mount Glenn... its cracking." He watched from his office as a beast of absurd size, bigger than beacon itself, emerged from Mount Glenn.

The elevator pinged and a panicked summer rose came out.

"what the hell is that thing?! Ozpin! Are you listening?!" Summer shook the dazed headmaster out of his fear.

"a dragon grimm... I thought I had eliminated all of them." Summer looked at the wizard in shock.

"what are you raving on about!? We need to evacuate the students!" Ozpin looked at the incoming bullheads marked with the white fang insignia.

"that isn't possible. With the white fang coming as well, unless you can commandeer their bullheads, there's no chance." The elevator pinged again.

"I'm afraid I cannot allow that, headmaster ozpin"

The two turned to see cinder fall in the elevator, her bow at the ready.

Summer instantly swapped with the air behind cinder and got her into a sleeper hold.

"ozpin! You better find the students a way out of this!" The mother of Ruby kicked the elevator button, the button was smashed but the doors began to close.

Cinder dropped the bow and gripped at summers wrists before using her maiden magic to scorch her arm. The elder woman was forced to let go but used her left arm to slam the half maiden into the elevator door.

The metal had clearly dented and summers muscle and nerves were slowly sewing themselves back together.

'at least this transformation didn't come without pros!' The elevator had stopped, summer twisted the young womans right arm before slamming her elbow down on the girls.

Her arm was snapped with a sickening crunch, it seems summer didn't realise what night it was.

A full moon.

With that one action, she had almost entirely ripped off cinders arm.

Regardless of whether under the moonlight, the amount of moon seeable is all that matters.

Summer didn't know this. One swift kick launched the girl through the elevators doors and out into the lobby.

"you monster! You weren't this strong when tyrian subdued you! How?! How did you gain such power?!" Summer smirked at the girl.