chapter 1

Well, this is an awkward situation.

I was currently looking down at a blonde haired man who's fist was against my gut.

"uh... sorry?"

*flashback*

Ruby and I stood in front of her house.

"alright! I'll call you in once I've spoken to my dad!" I watched her walk in to her house. "Dad! I'm home and I brought a friend!" I heard people talking about something but then a blonde haired man sprinted out and punched me in my stomach.

I did not flinch.

*flashback end*

I looked down at the blonde man and picked him up by the back of his collar, like a child.

"I'm... not... bothered... its... fine..." He breathed a sigh of relief as I put him down, but Ruby appeared and started hitting him.

"dad! He saved my life! Don't just attack him like that!" I watched the odd sight in confusion.

'I wouldn't say I saved her life... but are they truly related? Those who share blood often smell similar, but he smells nothing like Ruby.' A long haired blonde wearing a tank top and shorts who looked like she had just woken up walked out as Ruby was hitting her 'father'.

She stared at me, obviously confused.

"hey Ruby! Is this hunk a friend of yours?"

"Yang! He saved me from being burnt to a crisp! Don't just call him a hunk!" She walked up to me and looked me in the eyes.

"I have to thank you for saving her. I'm Yang xiao long, my dad who's being abused over there is taiyang xiao long and Ruby is my sister."

"half sisters I take it?" She nodded, though seemingly a bit sad. I should've been more tactful.

"Well, wanna come inside?" I nodded and Ruby rushed into the house leaving behind rose petals. Taiyang was seemingly annoyed.

"Ruby! I told you not to use your semblance in the house!"

"sorry dad!" I almost let out a soft smile at the casual talk as I followed them into the house.

"would you mind taking your coat off?" He politely asked me.

"I have no issues with it but I'm not wearing a shirt under this. I would rather not make your daughters uncomfortable." He sweatdropped.

"that is a problem. We don't have any clothes your size, that... I'm sure of. Um, I suppose you'll have to keep it on unless the girls are okay with it." I nodded and walked into the living room. Ruby was sat on the couch with a remote in hand and was watching a video of someone making cookies. Yang sat on a separate chair to the left of the couch so I sat on the one opposite her.

"my oum, how tall are you?"

"7ft1." Her mouth dropped.

"you're like a giant!" Crunching could be heard and I turned to my left to see Ruby munching on cookies.

"ishnt it hot..." She realised that was rude and swallowed her food. "With that coat on?"

"I'd take it off but I don't have a shirt on under it."

"ooh, I'm fine with it~! What about you rubes?" The devourer of cookies had a feint blush.

"I-I don't mind..."

The blushing Ruby suprised me but I gladly took my coat off and placed it on the arm of the chair.

"mama likes what she sees!"