chapter 11

In a log cabin a man sat reading a newspaper with a warm coffee cup on the table in front of him.

"what's going on in the news today honey?" A feminine voice called out from the couch, the husband turned to see his wonderful wife. She had red eyes, white hair and wore a white nightgown.

She bore a faint resemblance to weiss.

"apparently, nothing of particular significance." A thud was heard before wailing followed.

"oh no! Hans, did you fall?" The mother had rushed over to her son, visibly concerned and checking for any injuries.

"is he alright?" Erika soothed her son who's tears still brimmed, ready to fall at any moment.

"he's alright, isn't that right my little hans?" The child looked to his father before attempting to say something.

"papa... leg hurty." Otto placed his newspaper down and strode over to his wife and son with grace.

"you'll be alright my son. It'll heal." The boy slowly blinked.

And woke up in a hospital bed.

'no! I don't do hospitals. I need to leave.' A hand reached out to him after seeing his panicked expression.

Hans panicked and grabbed her wrist with bone crushing strength. The woman only whined in discomfort at his attempt to crush her wrist.

"you're scared. Why?" Hans let up on her wrist and grabbed his coat. He threw it on despite its tattered state and headed straight for the door.

"it wouldn't be wise to run away Mr günsche." Hans ignored him and opened the door before turning back.

"not running... I'd rather talk... outside the room..." His speech had noticeably improved, being able to say three words without pausing.

Summer and ozpin were confused by his request but obliged and followed him out the door.

Hans leaned against the wall, easily calmer than inside the room. He glanced at his coat and through the tears in his right sleeve could see many scars on his right arm.

'another set of scars.' Summer and ozpin looked to him with expectant gazes.

"how did you save me? I know I was going to die. So how?" Hans internally grimaced, in his opinion he condemned her to suffer. Becoming a werewolf is awful.

Natural werewolves are a different matter but it often takes a while for a werewolf to become a natural one.

"has ozpin explained everything?" Summer nodded. "I made you a werewolf. But first, I need you to understand. There are two types of werewolves. Natural werewolves and normal werewolves. I'm a natural werewolf and can turn others into werewolves." Summer placed a hand on her chin.

"ah, so werewolves can regenerate! That's why you made me one!" Ozpin also seemed to figure things out.

"I saw on a security camera, you bent steel. But summers wrist wasn't broken. Do werewolves have improved physical capabilities?" The captain nodded.

"I'm sorry for this. There is one large issue for werewolves. This only applies to normal werewolves. Nightmares. Every time you sleep, you will experience nightmares. The only way to stop this is to become a natural werewolf, which is far easier said than done." Summer seemed to understand the severity of this.

"how do I become a natural werewolf?" He sighed internally.

"that's not a task you're up for." She frowned at being underestimated.