chapter 2

With each swing, 3 grimm died, and I moved forward through the horde. Occasionally, punching a few, killing them instantly.

However, I began to notice an odd irregularity.

'ozpin unlocked my aura, he told me that it would protect me if I focused. I practiced with it briefly but it doesn't seem to do that. Let's see... I can feel my aura, at least I believe that's what I'm feeling.' I attempted to focus my aura onto my halberd... and it glowed bright white.

I swung the halberd towards the incoming group of... ursa's? I think that's right.

It cleaved through the 8 attackers with no resistance.

'very interesting. Is my aura different? Maybe it's due to my heritage... a likely guess.' I subdued my negative emotions and cleared out the last few. Then, I continued on my way, it really is well made... but...

'What is this place? This world is far different from my own. Its like one of those fantasy novels I read.' I held my halberd against my shoulder and cracked my neck. 'Better'.

I had reached what seemed to be a cliff and saw some ruins below it.

'those must be the ruins ozpin spoke of.'

________________________________________________

Back at beacon cliff, ozpin and glynda watched the students progress through a scroll. But the man known as hans günsche had him confused.

'He wasn't lying about knowing nothing, that much I'm sure of. But, that halberd was a regular one... and I now sense magic from it. Is he aware?' Glynda seemed to notice how deep in though ozpin was as she placed a hand on his shoulder. He jolted slightly but recomposed himself.

"sorry glynda, I was deep in thought. What an anomaly..." His assistant was confused at his statement.

"what do you mean sir?" Ozpin stared at the scroll and watched as hans approached the ruins

________________________________________________

'chess pieces? Odd choice.' I smelt the heavy smell of deodorant and turned to see yang with the black haired girl from yesterday close behind. However, the strange bow in the shape of cat ears confused me. 'She smells like a cat.'

"hey hans! Seems that you weren't the first one here." I nodded and looked around the forest, I heard rustling coming from nearby and held my halberd at the ready... what type of grimm was coming next?

A ginger haired woman came out...and was riding an ursa... which promptly collapsed to the ground. A black haired boy with a pink stripe fell off of it, an exhausted look on his face.

'Is... this normal?' The sheer irrationality of all this was starting to hurt my head.

"nora... please don't ever do that again." The ginger hopped down towards him with a smile on his face.

"aw come on renny poo! You're no fun!" Nora looked down to her exhausted companion. "Now get up! We still have initiation to complete!" She propped up the boy as screams of terror were heard from above.

I looked up to see a big shadowy bird.

'is that... Ruby and weiss?' I pointed up at the two and yang looked up in shock.

"is your sister riding a nevermore?" I watched as the weapon obsessed girl leapt from the nevermore. The black cat monotonously pointing it out.

'I'd worry but she wouldn't jump without a plan... actually, she would. In the short time I've been with her, that's very in character.' She soared down from the nevermore and straight into yang, knocking her back to the floor. Though, weiss soon came flying down. 'Seems I'll have to catch her.' I planted my halberd into the ground and braced my legs.