"Memento Mori" by Vitalina Buhaiova, Chapter 95

Chapter 95

November 26/2022

Dear Deary, 

"For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream."

Vincent Van Gogh

"Stars"

   Lately I've been enjoying just looking at the stars. They are so beautiful and bright against the dark sky. It seems to me that the sky is something that you can look at endlessly, but the night sky is special for me as a lover of the night. Many people love the moon very much and I am no exception, but much more I love the stars, I just adore them, and if the nights were not so cold sometimes, I would admire them indefinitely, it seems that we are very similar with my favorite artist Van Gogh. Honestly, before the war, I couldn’t even think what Van Gogh actually saw such bright stars like that, at one time. But when the war began and it became forbidden to turn on the night lights, the stars shone in a new, completely special way, as people saw them before, when the cities had not yet shone with the light of electricity, I don't want said that I don't miss the night in electric lights, it will be a lie, but I wish everyone  at least once in your life to see the stars in their original form, somewhere in the forest or mountains, this is a special time, just believe me.