"Memento Mori" by Vitalina Buhaiova, Chapter 8

Chapter 8

March 5/2022

Dear Deary,

"L'essenziale è invisibile agli occhi." — "The most important thing you can't see with your eyes."

   I recently read that a writer is impossible to love. It is impossible to build relationships with them, because they "live" in their stories.

   It's probably true that writers and "bookworms" always mostly live in a fantasy world. And if you are a person who writes and reads so even more so. We simply fall out of reality, especially if the book captures headlong into its own world, regardless of whether you read it or write it. We live the life of the heroes of the book and often do not want to return to the gray everyday reality. If you are a lonely person, then the fictional world sometimes seems to be the only thing that is so necessary in life and causes addiction like drugs, and maybe more. But I can definitely say that having fallen in love with at least one book world, you will want to know more and more of this magic.

   It seems to me that every creative person is not easy to love, regardless of what creative area he moves in.

   It seems that next to such a person there can be either a no less creative person, or someone who can fully understand and support everything that his partner would not undertake.

   I think sometimes it is very difficult, but to be honest it is worth it. No matter how it sounds, but it is. If you manage to get complete trust from such a person, he can immerse you in an incredible world of love.

   Writers know how to love in a special way, in a bookish way, with incredible love, like their best book heroes.

   Their love is sometimes magical and has no barriers.  You may never meet such love again.

   I think writers can still be loved if you fully accept their essence. In principle, all people need to be loved as they really are, and seek a compromise if something does not suit you, but changing a person is one of the biggest mistakes.