"Memento Mori" by Vitalina Buhaiova, Chapter 17

Chapter 17

May 26/2022

Dear Deary, 

"Amor non est medicabilis herbis." — "There is no cure for love."

   And from love there is no salvation.

   What could be better than love and worse than love? Nothing. It's the most beautiful and the most terrible feeling in the world at the same time.

   It is like a disease for which there is no cure or salvation. She is ruthless, can destroy, and can lift to heights that were previously unknown.

   And you know what? And the worst pain always comes from those we love. Even the opposite of the feeling of love, hatred is much weaker and more good-natured than love itself. Sometimes we can understand this or that act from those who hate us, because it is expected from them, but it will take a lot of time to understand such an act from those whom we love, even enemies can become lovers.

   Love is insane, it is more insane than all the feelings that a person can only feel. A terrible combination of love and pain. How often they go hand in hand creating various sufferings for a person, and yet there is nothing better than the feeling of love enlivening you.

   This euphoria, that brings with it a wild and unbridled feeling of love, it is so sweet, even if sometimes so false.  Without love, our world would be completely different, I don’t know if it’s good or not, but it would have clearly lost many of its colors and shades.

   It is because of love that so many beautiful and terrible things were born in the world. Incredible paintings, novels and poems were born in love for someone or something, and in the same love the most terrible dictators and rulers in the world could be born, as well as a weapon capable of everything in this world, even burying love with itself. In love for one's work, these terrible things were born. Love is like a person, the best and the worst can be hidden in it, as well as in the person himself.

   Love is a madness from which there is no escape.